ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Match Frame Bug in CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg janza
Match Frame Bug in CC
on Jul 17, 2013 at 4:42:12 pm

I'm wondering if others are experiencing this bug with the new CC version. Match frame seems to be broken with merged clips. It works fine with regular clips but I can no longer match frame to any merged clips.

Would like to know if this is a random problem for some users or if most other folks are experiencing the same issue.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
Re: Match Frame Bug in CC
on Jul 17, 2013 at 5:15:58 pm

Hi Greg,

Yes there are known issues using Match Frame on merged clips.

You can find more info here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5459364#5459364

Sorry for the inconvenience. We're working on resolving this.

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Jul 17, 2013 at 6:17:46 pm

peter-

thanks for responding. I hope a fix can be released soon due to the inherent lack of editing efficiency by not having match frame capability.

Return to posts index

Larry Asbell
on Jul 17, 2013 at 10:15:48 pm

For me match frame is not working on Subclips.

PP CC 7.0.1 (105), OS 10.8.3

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Jul 23, 2013 at 12:07:01 am

Hey Peter

I noticed there's an update to premiere pro but I see that Match frame is still not working with merged clips.

Any update on when this bug will be addressed?

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Jul 23, 2013 at 12:29:35 am

Hey Greg,

There was a update released on July 10th which did address a Match Frame bug but not the Merged Clips bug that you are experiencing.

Unfortunately I cannot give you a time on the next update but this issue is on top of the list.

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Peter Sabatino
on Jul 29, 2014 at 11:16:58 pm

Hi Peter,

This is an old thread, but I"m hoping you are still seeing this. I'm going to try to reach out in other ways, but will try here first. There is a major flaw with Premiere when it comes to subclips, even in the latest 2014 version. You cannot match frame from a subclip to it's parent master clip. This simple function is impeding my workflow. I am a professional editor and want to make the permanent transition to Premiere as I am unhappy with both Final Cut and Avid. I love many things about Premiere but this is a major hindrance. Is this something you are or can address?

Thank you.
-Peter

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Jul 29, 2014 at 11:49:26 pm

Hi Peter,

This is because under the hood there's not really a master/slave relationship. Subclips are really just new master clips that have Subclip Boundaries set. If your using hard subclips, then switching to soft ones might be a solution--that loads the whole clip on disc into the Source Monitor rather than just the Subclip In/Out Range.

Hope this is helpful. If this does not meet your needs please file a feature request here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&loc=en

Hope all is well,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Jan 28, 2015 at 2:48:32 pm

[Peter Garaway] " then switching to soft ones might be a solution--that loads the whole clip on disc into the Source Monitor rather than just the Subclip In/Out Range."

Actually, it doesn't. I have a timeline full of 'soft' subclips, and Match Frame merely loads the subclip itself into the Source Monitor.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

dan cooper
on Feb 4, 2015 at 11:53:04 am

Hey Peter,

Hope all is well.

Is an update for this issues on Adobe's agenda? This is a major setback in post workflow.

Cheers,
Dan

dan

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Feb 6, 2015 at 5:00:22 am

Hi Dan,

This is not currently on the road map. If your goal is to match back to the master, a suggested workflow would be to make duplicate instances of the clip with different in and out ranges.

We've added other features that help this type of workflow. If you have a long clip, say 30min, you can load the clip into the Source Monitor and use our KEM roll feature like a selects reel. See this video that speaks to the KEM roll feature: http://tv.adobe.com/videos/virtual-kem-roll.

Another thought would be to put a sequence in the Source Monitor and use that as a selects reel.

I hope these ideas are helpful to you. If none of these meet what you need please make a feature request here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&loc=en

Best,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]