ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Output 5.1 clip without stereo mix down?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Lawrence
Output 5.1 clip without stereo mix down?
on May 3, 2013 at 9:39:02 pm

Hi All,

A simple problem I can't figure out:

I have an x254 clip with 5.1 audio. I want to simply cut out a section, then output it with everything unchanged.

I'm checking "Match Sequence Settings" in the export dialog, but I'm getting a stereo mix down of the audio.

I can't find anyway of passing the audio thru as 5.1, either in the export settings or the sequence settings.

What am I missing? Any help much appreciated! Thanks!

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
Re: Output 5.1 clip without stereo mix down?
on May 3, 2013 at 10:17:47 pm

Was the sequence created with 5.1 audio? Here is a tutorial:

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on May 3, 2013 at 11:57:31 pm

[Ivan Myles] "Was the sequence created with 5.1 audio? Here is a tutorial:"

When I dropped the clip into the sequence, I clicked on "change sequence to match clip settings", so I think the answer is yes.

The audio track is 5.1 and shows all the channels. It goes out to a stereo master because I only have stereo monitoring with my hardware setup. Nonetheless, I still want to output 5.1 and let my system do the mix down on playback. I'll watch the tutorial and see if that helps. Thanks!

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on May 4, 2013 at 12:30:50 am

[Ivan Myles] "Was the sequence created with 5.1 audio? Here is a tutorial:"

Solution was in the first minute of the tutorial. Thank you!

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
on May 4, 2013 at 12:58:16 am

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Return to posts index

David Gaudio
on May 9, 2013 at 8:39:04 pm

This has been one of my problems w PPro in general, as I need to export QT files w multiple audio configurations quite frequently. As a trailer editor, I need to export a 5.1 mix on the first 6 channels, then often the LtRt comp on the next 2, and sometimes the M&E comp after that. I haven't seen any indication that PPro CC can handle this easily, but of course I don't have the software yet to confirm that. I have had to take my video out of PPro CS 6 and bring it into good 'ol FCP 7, where such an audio export configuration is relatively easy.

Have you really been able to export successfully this way?

Return to posts index

Per Arne Sandvik
on May 3, 2013 at 10:57:58 pm

I'm wrestling with this a bit on my own these days, and I don't know if my current plan is going to work. The plan is to carry a 5.1 mix from Premiere Pro through Encore and onto a Blu-Ray without buying a plug-in. If this is what you want to do, let me know and I'll share my experiences so far.

If you only want to export a file with 5.1 audio, I have successfully done that during my experiments. However, only a few export settings will let you do this.

An option is to buy the SurCode plug-in (or use one of your three free test exports) and export an MPEG2 with 5.1 Dolby Surround.

You can also export as h.264, as this standard uses AAC audio which supports 5.1 (look under audio tab). AAC is however not a Dolby standard, and is also lossy (although not to the same degree as MP3). I have done test exports in h.264 with 5.1 AAC and sucessfully played these on my home theater.

Note that Encore will transcode and downmix 5.1 AAC to stereo if you try to burn a DVD/BR. You need a separate workaround for this, and I think I might have found one. Fingers crossed.

Return to posts index

Waref Quba
on Jun 24, 2014 at 5:14:50 pm

Hello, I'll be grateful if you share your experience, I am struggling with this issue, and also looking for a work around with out using Surecode. Actually I made an account here just to tell you that, this is my first post

Return to posts index

Daniel Pulliam
on Aug 11, 2014 at 11:46:47 am

I have a method of doing this that honestly I would prefer even if I could afford the SurCode encoder:

1. Export video with the H.264 Blu-ray preset, and export audio with the Waveform preset (make sure output is set to 5.1). This will leave you with one .m4v file and one .wav file.

2. Use eac3to to extract 6 mono .wav files from the single .wav you created in step 1.

3. Use DTS-MA Encoder Suite (easy enough to find for free) to encode to DTS-MA 5.1. This will give you a .dtshd file.

4. Remux your .m4v video file with your .dtshd audio file with tsmuxer.

Done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]