ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Framerate tips for a noob

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Haley
Framerate tips for a noob
on Apr 26, 2013 at 11:12:29 pm

I am trying to edit a recorded webcast that someone sent to me that has 8.345 fps. The recorded video plays perfectly as is. However, whenever I create new 720p project at 23.97 fps and import the recorded video runs much slower than the audio and appears choppy. Does anyone have any tips on how to retain the quality of this video? Is it possible or even recommended to change the framerate preferences of Premier Pro to match that of the imported video?

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
Re: Framerate tips for a noob
on Apr 27, 2013 at 12:47:42 am

It will be better to keep the source settings unless the new video needs to be a different frame rate. To create a sequence with the same settings as the source footage, right-click the file in the Project panel and select "New Sequence from Clip."

If you want to change the frame rate, can you use 25fps instead of 24fps? It will probably scale more smoothly from 8.345fps (each video frame will appear three times).

To increase the video frame rate and maintain the original audio rate, insert video and audio tracks separately (or insert together and "Unlink") and use the "Speed/Duration..." function to adjust each track independently.

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
Re: Framerate tips for a noob
on Apr 27, 2013 at 12:51:33 am

I agree. Another method is just to drag the clip from the project folder and drop it right on the timeline,

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]