ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere pro cs6 scene detection

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
josh phoenix
Premiere pro cs6 scene detection
on Mar 26, 2013 at 12:13:07 pm

I am having video files compiled in a sequence without cuts or edits then exporting this as 1 media file to help with bandwidth on sending the file and also to know the rough order of the clips. Is there an easy workflow for having some scene detection and converting this footage back to the original clips so I may edit in premiere? I do not own speed grade, and it is not available for trial for me..
I can do this process in Davinci, but was seeing if premiere has a strong option or if EDL or XML may be the route to go?

Any guidance is very appreciated.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Premiere pro cs6 scene detection
on Mar 28, 2013 at 3:02:52 pm

Premiere has no shot detection ability. You'd have to figure out (with your budget) some workflow in Resolve to make this work...

Or take your original NLE and do a consolidation with handles (say 10-20 frames) and send an XML/AAF to Adobe Premiere Pro; you'll increase the size and make it harder to handle than one file - but editorial systems aren't really meant to edit a single file.

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Author/Master Instructor/Speaker/Consulting
My contact info and more
New! Come see me speak @ NAB/Post Production World!

Return to posts index

Paul Levin
Re: Premiere pro cs6 scene detection
on Oct 29, 2014 at 8:51:18 pm

Well, I came across this a year or so late, but anyone else having this problem, I found this script for after effects works nicely, if that helps.

http://aescripts.com/magnum-the-edit-detector/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]