ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Audio file path missing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Freeman
Audio file path missing
on Feb 14, 2013 at 11:28:11 am

Hi Guys,

First time posting on this forum as the post-house I'm working at is transitioning from Final Cut, and we're trying out Premier Pro (as we do a lot of After Effects). Everything is great but we've hit a problem that could be a deal clincher.

One editor has finished cutting and has copied the project and assets across to a portable hard drive ready for the graphics artist. When we've loaded up the project again it relinks the video fine, but has lost the audio. The audio has been recorded on a portable recorder and it labels folders for the takes and channel 1 as '1.wav' and channel 2 as '2.wav'. If you have 100 takes you get 100folders with 100 versions of '1.wav' and '2.wav'. Now final cut will remember the file structure and relink no problem, or at least show you the path it thought it was looking at. But premier pro just says the file '1.wav' is missing and asks to relink. You have no idea which one to relink though. In After Effects it will show you the missing path, but premier has a conspicuously empty path field. How can I get premier to show the path so I can relink the first file (I assume the other would also then relink)...?

It seems such a small hurdle to overcome, but could be a real problem if we can't get over this. (You can't change the file convention on the audio recorder)

Cheers guys - sorry for the long post!
Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]