ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CS6 loses ability to play clips

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Geary
Premiere Pro CS6 loses ability to play clips
on Feb 9, 2013 at 5:51:26 am

Editing RED 4k and 5k footage in Premiere Pro CS6.02 on a Mac Pro Quad Core with 16gb of RAM and a Quadro fX4800 CUDA card. Premiere froze while trying to render out a file recently. Finally it crashed (stopped responding) so I force quit and rebooted. Now it opens the project with no problem, but when I press the play icon, spacebar etc nothing will play. I tried everything I could find on google and none of the solutions worked. I upgraded to 10.8.2 on my OS and nothing. At some point I tried the JKL keys since I have keyboard mapped to fcp7 and it started working. Two days later I rendered another clip and same issue. Now I cannot play again. Very frustrating - I've enabled and disabled the CUDA mercury playback. Any other suggestions - anyone else seen this issue?

Return to posts index

John-Michael Seng-Wheeler
Re: Premiere Pro CS6 loses ability to play clips
on Feb 10, 2013 at 1:32:40 am

I'm assuming you tried rebooting the computer?

I had a similar problem a few years ago with Red One footage. The problem was corrupted frames in the source files and anytime I tried to render it would crash premiere.

JM

Return to posts index

David Geary
on Feb 10, 2013 at 3:59:17 am

I've tried rebooting, trashing the preferences, making sure the loop button wasn't checked, etc. Nothing has corrected.

I'd rule out a bad red file as I can't play any media. I've created a new project and sequence and tried many different types of media and I cannot play a single one of them. I can drag the playhead through the timeline and the media does scrub, but no playing at all.

Return to posts index

David Geary
on Feb 10, 2013 at 6:08:17 am

so disregard - I gave up and deleted everything and reloaded CS6. It works for now, but I'm not going to press my luck. I'll finish up on something more stable.

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
on Feb 10, 2013 at 4:08:40 pm

I have run into this occasionally on CS5.5. It will be working fine one day and not the next or by changing to a different project and back. As silly as this sounds it resolves itself if I go into playback settings and disable drop frame warning and re-enable. Then it and I are happy again.

Return to posts index

Phil Hawes
on Feb 13, 2013 at 5:24:39 pm

I have solved this problem several times by cleaning out the cache from the Preferences/Media window.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]