ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Need to contact Adobe support

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Berthet
Need to contact Adobe support
on Feb 5, 2013 at 11:06:23 pm

Can anyone recommend a point of communication that doesnt involve speaking to the indian call center.. i spent 2 hours with them already only to have them tell me that the software shouldnt be doing what i described... (hint: i already knew this)

Does Adobe have any regional support centers? Im in australia.. it would be great to speak to someone with a deeper understanding of the software.

- Pete

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Need to contact Adobe support
on Feb 5, 2013 at 11:43:28 pm

[Peter Berthet] "Can anyone recommend a point of communication that doesnt involve speaking to the indian call center."

Our frontline support is in India, and it's no generic call center, these are Adobe employees. If they can't solve your problem, it's a difficult one. I meet with reps of this group weekly, and we do discuss the tougher cases.

If support isn't helping you, you can request if your case can be escalated. If your support case gets bumped to tier 2 or 3, you might get stateside support.

Otherwise, you might do well to simply post your problem here or on the Adobe Premiere Pro forums.

Everyone else, here's the support page: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Peter Berthet
on Feb 6, 2013 at 12:11:14 am

Thanks Kev,

I might try the adobe forums, ive got 10 seats of prem here that wont import XDCAM for whatever reason and its stuffing our workflow something nasty.

Its definitely a weird one, cause it used to work! >_<

- Pete

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
on Feb 6, 2013 at 10:11:03 pm

Hi Peter,

Is this XDCAM from discs or cards? You won't be able to import XDCAM that was ingested through Final Cut for example, you would have to go through Final Cat and re-export as something else.

Are you on a Mac / PC?

Vince Becquiot

Kaptis Media

Indigo Live
San Francisco - Bay Area

Return to posts index

Peter Berthet
on Feb 6, 2013 at 10:42:29 pm

Gday Vince

Its xdcam from discs, hasnt been ingested on a mac, its just a data dump from the disc.
And we're on PCs & Macs

- Pete

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
on Feb 6, 2013 at 11:02:33 pm

Pete,

I haven't worked with XDCAM since CS5, I guess it's possible that something' s changed.

Looking around, I did find someone who suggested using XD Decode, not free however, you will get a watermark until purchase.

http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/QXDDownload.asp

See that solves this issue, sorry, all I can offer.

Vince Becquiot

Kaptis Media

Indigo Live
San Francisco - Bay Area

Return to posts index

Harvey Goldberg
on Feb 7, 2013 at 12:01:13 am

I have recently run into an XDCam import problem and traced it to Norton Anti Virus which seems to think MXF files are bad. Norton couldn't solve it, so when working with XDCam I turn NAV off.

Harvey Goldberg
ABC News

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Feb 7, 2013 at 12:40:17 pm

Also, while I've never done it myself, I hear that ingest speed is somewhat slow. Some people have used the Sony transfer tool to move/copy the media to a local hard drive and then edit from there.

Dennis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]