ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

When exporting a project the resolution becomes fuzzy.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Gallagher
When exporting a project the resolution becomes fuzzy.
on Jan 8, 2013 at 10:19:24 pm

Good evening I am in need of a little help and am still sort of green in the areas of editing film. I had some relatives send me some files to edit together for them and I have done such and when I go to export a cut of it the video seems to become more fuzzy than when I started.

Is there a certain export format that is better than the rest?

These videos were shot on a consumer handicam style camera and I understand that it won't be amazing but it just comes out a little rough.

What can I do to make it look better? Any help will be greatly appreciated as I want to learn to make better projects as I continue my work.

Return to posts index

Ivan M. Semeniuk
Re: When exporting a project the resolution becomes fuzzy.
on Jan 9, 2013 at 12:32:09 am

Please provide some information regarding the following:

Source footage: codec, wrapper, bit rate, frame rate, resolution
Editing sequence: frame rate, resolution, and any effects applied
Output file: codec, wrapper, frame rate, resolution, quality settings, bit rate, etc.

Video can lose sharpness as a result of over-compression and trans-coding from one codec to another. Try to export the edited sequence using fairly light compression settings including a moderate to high target bit rate, 2-pass encoding (if available), moderate key frame distance (2-4 seconds), and the same codec as the source footage, if possible.

I tend to treat encoding as an iterative process. Try taking a few short clips (5-10 frames each) that include the fuzzy footage, copy the clips onto a new sequence, and export several test files using different codecs and output settings. Generate 3-4 files for each codec using a range from low-quality, low-bit-rate to high-quality, high-bit-rate. Import the test files and stack them on top of the original footage. Turn each track on and off to compare the same frame on the different files. After viewing a few frames you should get a clear direction on which settings work best for your footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]