ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Duplicate program window cs5 ?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Dexter
Duplicate program window cs5 ?
on Nov 3, 2012 at 12:23:03 pm

Hi
I like to edit with a program window in my desktop monitor work space. Up in the top right hand corner :)
I just like it there.
I have a LCD 32" television as a secondary monitor. I like to use this for previewing now and again.
I do a bit of editing and now and then (frequently) I like to just flick my eyes over to the 32"
It is annoying that I have to drag the program window over to the LCD or keep re setting the workspace.
I am sure that when I used Premier way back in the day that you could duplicate the program window and have one running on a television and the other in the editing workspace.
Is there a way to do this. To duplicate that program display? I am using cs5.5 does cs6 have this function? It seems remarkable silly not to be able to duplicate that program window to me.

Cheers
Peter

We spent all the budget on doughnuts and now we have no money to make our film.

Return to posts index

Dave Brandt
Re: Duplicate program window cs5 ?
on Nov 3, 2012 at 6:11:43 pm

Hi.
In cs5.5 you can find this option in sequence settings and then playback button. There you can specify to play out to second monitor. In cs6 it's not tied to sequence settings but rather in the global preferences.
Hope that helps
Dave
http://www.solidmedia.ie

Macbook Pro 17" i7 2.2 8GB
iMac i7 2.8 16GB
FCP 7 FCPX Adobe CS 5.5

Return to posts index

Gabriel Sanchez
on Nov 3, 2012 at 9:20:44 pm

You can set your second monitor to play the timeline fullframe in the Play options of the program monitor, so you´ll have this second monitor playing everything from your timeline at any time.
Also you can go to Window---> reference monitor. This will bring a resizeable reference monitor showing the same that the program monitor if you have the "gang" option enabled, and you can drag and place it where you want.
Regards

Return to posts index

Peter Dexter
on Nov 4, 2012 at 6:15:06 pm

Thanks. To both responses.
I will have a look at that :)
I have tried the reference monitor and ganging it but it does not playback exactly how I wanted.
Cheers.

We spent all the budget on doughnuts and now we have no money to make our film.

Return to posts index

Justin Vea
on Sep 19, 2017 at 3:59:59 pm

Just got this to work! What they said above is correct but took me a bit to figure it out.
Leave the program view in your desktop and use the playback under preferences to select your tv or second or third monitor.
Couldn't get reference to work but playback option does.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]