ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Working with AVCHD 59.94p

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Mercer
Working with AVCHD 59.94p
on Oct 6, 2012 at 10:35:12 pm

I usually work in FCP, but a client has requested working out of Premier and so I'm developing a workflow for the project using AVCHD footage at 59.94p and I'm looking for advice.

- I've been told I don't need to transcode the raw footage. Premier seems to be coping well, but I want to be sure that not transcoding is the right move.

- Export settings. I want to deliver at 30fps. Would it be better to transcode the raw footage, reform the export or is it fine to just work in a 30fps sequence with the 59.94 footage?

- There is a bit of basic motion tacking going on (here are my initial tests

. Any advice for the most efficient way to get this done?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Axel Arzola
Re: Working with AVCHD 59.94p
on Oct 7, 2012 at 9:35:24 pm

For FCP user having to encode seems the normal way of doing things, but if your computer can handle the original AVCHD then go for it.

Something that I have done in big projects where running multi cam and more than 5 video feeds at the same time is down converting all my footage to mpg1 just to edit, and when Im ready to color correct and export, I just have to relink to the original AVCHD and everything will be just fine.

About the 30fps, my advice is to get some 60p footage inside your sequence and export it on 30p to see if there is a big noticeable difference. If you have a lot of footage, having to transcode all before editing can take a long time.
Maybe a good solution will be edit in a 60p sequence with the original files and after you are done, export the final edit on 30p

Good luck.

Axel Arzola

http://www.facebook.com/arzolafilm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]