ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro - Can't put dynamic linked AE comp into my timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bradley Houshour
Premiere Pro - Can't put dynamic linked AE comp into my timeline
on Oct 4, 2012 at 8:37:34 pm

I have CS6. I've got a Premiere session open and working on a sequence. I just finished an AE comp.
From inside of Premiere, I go to Adobe Dynamic Link - Import AE Comp. It imports it into the project pane, but when I go to drag it into my Premiere Pro timeline, it gives me the "no" symbol of the circle with the dash through it. I work in Premiere and AE a lot, and this is the first time I've had this problem. No matter how I try to get it into the timeline, nothing works.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
Re: Premiere Pro - Can't put dynamic linked AE comp into my timeline
on Oct 4, 2012 at 8:53:43 pm

Does it load to the source viewer?

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Bradley Houshour
on Oct 4, 2012 at 9:09:47 pm

Yes, it loads in the source viewer. I can see it playing, but I can't drag it into the timeline, nor can I use any of the source viewer functions like insert or overwrite.

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
on Oct 5, 2012 at 4:33:45 pm

any sequence?

any project?

just trying to isolate the behavior...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Evan Jenkins
on Aug 2, 2013 at 5:57:33 am

SOLVED.

I had the exact same issue. Then I remembered that some of the video in my timeline had already been exported to AE with the right click 'Replace Footage with After Effects Composition'. I forgot that once you do that, you can no long drag a sequence from PR to AE and get the dynamic link working again. Therefore, all I had to do was just delete a few of the videos in the timeline that I had already sent over and then it worked.

Return to posts index

Justin Scott
on Mar 21, 2016 at 6:56:50 pm

The problem with not being able to import your AE comps into your PR timeline is most likely that your main "V1" was not selected as a target track.

Return to posts index

Lukas Krueger
on Feb 28, 2017 at 8:13:17 pm

I ran into the same problem and maybe yours is just like mine. I worked on a film in AE and PP at the same time and already imported one Sequence from PP into the AE Project. Then i created a comp in that AE Project and imported it back to PP. Then i couldnt drag this Comp into the timeline (Stop symbol Cursor). I guess (!!), it is some kind of security, that neither of the two programs run into recursive errors. (Means you import A in which B is already imported in which A is already imported in which is B etc...

TLDR: You have to create a new AE Project, in which your current PP Project is NOT already imported in. Then it all works fine again. I hope it helps anyone.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]