ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Best workflow for multiple video formats to SD PAL output?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Ramsey
Best workflow for multiple video formats to SD PAL output?
on Oct 3, 2012 at 5:58:01 am

I have recently switched over from FCP on Mac to PP CS6 on Windows and I am having more than a few issues.
The main one is trying to get a decent quality DV PAL Anamorphic sequence out of a very diverse range of codecs, formats and frame sizes.
My main acquisition tool is an XA10 Cannon which I shoot in 1080i format, I also receive footage in HDCAM, DV PAL, NTSC HD and SD and H.264.
My workflow in FCP6 was to convert everything to DV Pal, edit it and export. The results, while not brilliant were acceptable for our needs.
The same workflow in CS6 is producing unwatchable footage. The video is stuttering like crazy and the AVCHD footage is producing ghosting with double images on fast moving footage every where.
It all looks like an old silent movie.
What would be the best and fastest workflow to get usable SD DV footage out of PP?
BTW speed is of the essence as it is a news show so it's run and gun and crash edits.
Also we are a no budget station so any expensive equipment is out, (That's why we had to move from the Macs)

Brett Ramsey
Producer
IN PIT LANE
C31 Melbourne

Return to posts index

Sareesh Sudhakaran
Re: Best workflow for multiple video formats to SD PAL output?
on Oct 9, 2012 at 4:59:30 am

What are your project settings typically? Do you transcode prior to editing or render to DV PAL after editing (while mixing resolutions and codecs?).

Do you apply de-interlacing? Are you mixing NTSC and PAL videos? Is Premiere Pro conforming your footage or are you interpreting footage in custom ways?

One option to try:

• For project settings choose the highest resolution of footage

• Keep the frame rate/field rate according to delivery format, in your case 25fps/50i.

• Don't de-interlace across the board

• Edit Native

• Export Master to DV PAL

• http://www.wolfcrow.com - Workflow information and support for filmmakers, photographers, audiographers and videographers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]