ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Using the time remaping make the video jerky/stutter

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JonZ MarZ
Using the time remaping make the video jerky/stutter
on Sep 19, 2012 at 3:07:55 pm

I don't know if it Premiere being bad with time compression or it the nature of my clips.

If I try to compress a clip (footage capture with FRAPS), if I compress it to lets say 120%, when I output the movie with h.264 it doesn't roll constant, the video will kinda make a subtle stutter on every seconds or two. It less apparent with very higher compression, but I would like to know if it possible to make very smooth time remaping compression without this kind of result.

Return to posts index

Brian Sarfatty
Re: Using the time remaping make the video jerky/stutter
on Sep 19, 2012 at 3:43:28 pm

Ahh. I know this. Clip > Video Options > Frame Blend. It's not quite the same as frame interpolation (like in Avid or After Effects). This is presuming the issue is with the time remaping.

The issue might also be playing back footage in QuickTime player as opposed to edit software. Editing software has all kinds of methods for getting higher res footage to play back within the software. But if you were to export a clip nearly uncompressed, and try to play it back just using the spacebar play from the Mac finder, or open in Quicktime, it will stutter because it won't be able to play back. All the data is there, this is just a playback issue. When I get animation codec Quicktime files from animators, or screen capture devices, and try to play it back outside the edit software, it is super jerky.

Return to posts index

JonZ MarZ
on Sep 20, 2012 at 1:41:26 am

That blend thing did the trick. Thanks!

Return to posts index

JonZ MarZ
on Sep 20, 2012 at 3:32:52 pm

I spoke too soon, it have indeed fixed the problem, to an extent, but the end result is the clip is seriously blurry.

I don't know if there's another solution for this. You spoke about frame interpolation in AE. Can you explain a bit more?

Return to posts index

Geoffrey Shea
on Oct 6, 2012 at 4:56:50 pm

I found turning on Use Maximum Render Quality helped with time remapping. Through it created other problems with certain effects: circle matte with partial opacity for example.

Return to posts index

Stefan Ilea
on Sep 15, 2017 at 1:56:14 pm

Thanks for indicating Clip > Video Options >Time Interpolation>Frame Blending. I had a rotating turntable product clip that I Time Remapped and the playback looked choppy even in the Export. But once I changed the Time Interpolation from the "Frame Sampling" (Default) to "Frame Blending", playback was smooth and all was right with the world! Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]