ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Opening Projects from 5.5 in CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Mackay
Opening Projects from 5.5 in CS6
on Aug 21, 2012 at 5:28:30 pm

I'm having an issue with a project originally created in CS5.5 that I can't open in CS 6. I keep getting a dialog box that says.

"This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview file or codec could be associated with this sequence type"

the project can be opened in 5.5 with no problem. There is only one sequence in the project a 23.97, 1920 x 1280 containing ProRes QT mov files. I am on a Mac Pro with FC installed so I have the ProRes codec. I have created new projects in CS6 that match the settings and they work just fine. Can anyone solve the problem.

Return to posts index

Tony Pfau
Re: Opening Projects from 5.5 in CS6
on Aug 21, 2012 at 5:30:36 pm

Try creating a new project in CS6 then from your new project, import the CS5.5 sequence you want. I've had similar issues where it wouldn't open but I could import it.

Tony Pfau
Editor / Director-Producer
http://avpfilms.net

Return to posts index

Peter Mackay
on Aug 21, 2012 at 6:01:05 pm

Don't think I can do that, The CS5.5 is on a 10.6.8 boot drive and CS6 is on a Lion boot drive. So I cant have the two opened at the same time.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Aug 21, 2012 at 6:10:34 pm

If you're using the Adobe Creative Cloud service make sure that the license has been activated.

Return to posts index

Peter Mackay
on Aug 21, 2012 at 6:17:30 pm

Ok solved it. Tony it was your idea. I opened CS6 in Lion created a new project with the same settings then imported the 5.5 project which resided on a different disk. It worked. Thanks everyone.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]