ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Copy and paste In to Out in Premiere CS6 timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Diamond
Copy and paste In to Out in Premiere CS6 timeline
on Aug 20, 2012 at 2:56:50 pm

I just loaded CS6 and was hoping Adobe has added this feature. In FCP it was: set in and out, copy and paste. That doesn't work in CS6 however. If it can be done, can someone describe the procedure?

Thanks,

Rick

Return to posts index

Jon Howard
Re: Copy and paste In to Out in Premiere CS6 timeline
on Aug 20, 2012 at 4:33:23 pm

Hi there,

It's a bit of a hack workaround, but it works for me. Set your in and out in the Premiere timeline and then use either the lift or extract keystroke (by default it's the semicolon key for lift and apostrophe key for extract). The section you had marked with the in and out will be removed from the timeline and saved to your clipboard.

Now, Command-Z to undo and your timeline will be repaired, but the clipboard contents will still be intact. From here you can paste the content you had just lifted/extracted anywhere you like.

It's functionally the same as Command-C to copy, with only the added Command-Z keystroke to slow things down slightly.

Very much looking forward to having Copy/Paste from a marked timeline section added to a future release. I've submitted that as a feature request on Adobe's site and I recommend you do the same, since I've read they prioritize feature requests by the number of times a feature is requested.

Hope this is helpful!

Jon

Return to posts index

Rick Diamond
on Aug 20, 2012 at 11:27:09 pm

Sounds like a great work-around. I'll give it a try.

Rick

Return to posts index

James Palugod
on Feb 17, 2013 at 7:09:23 am

Great tip, thanks.

Starting to make the switch from FCP to Premiere Pro. A big part of my FCP workflow involves making in and outs in the timeline, selecting that area (opt-a), and copying and pasting it. Hard to believe there isn't a more direct way to do this in Premiere.

Where's the feature request located on their site? I'll definitely put a req in.

Return to posts index

Heather Dominguez
on Apr 11, 2013 at 4:36:14 am

I just want to say thank you. I've looked around quite a bit trying to figure out the best way to take sub clips but this is really the fastest way to take small snippets with all the tracks included from huge sequences and throw something together into another sequence.

Return to posts index

Josh Young
on Jan 12, 2018 at 4:45:01 pm

Thank you so much!

-
Josh Young
Local 600 DIT / Colorist / Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]