ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Photoshop layer duration

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Muldoon
Photoshop layer duration
on Aug 14, 2012 at 9:43:25 pm

I am frustrated by the way Premiere imports layers of a Photoshop file. It looks like it brings in the layers as 5 second clips with in and out marks. The hassle is when I an editing these to the sequence where I get this dialogue box that wants me to tell it how to deal with the marks: Ignore source in or out, ignore sequence in or out and so on. HAS ADOBE NEVER HEARD ABOUT 3 POINT EDITING? The source out point is always ignored in basic 3 point editing. In FCP and in AVID. Plus the default 5 seconds is not useful.
Is there any way to set the duration of layers and to keep the marks clear? Also the 3 Point Dialogue should default to ignore source out point.

Frank

Return to posts index

Norman Greenwood
Re: Photoshop layer duration
on Aug 15, 2012 at 10:37:22 am

I haven't had this problem in CS5.5 or earlier versions. There should be some settings you can choose that can turn this off, this may help: http://books.google.co.id/books?id=d5yWgbAjzEoC&pg=PT333&lpg=PT333&dq=ignor...

Return to posts index

Frank Muldoon
Re: Photoshop layer duration
on Aug 15, 2012 at 10:43:03 pm

Let me add my additional concerns over the complete lack of actual editing based preferences in Premiere. The ability to customize or alter the way Adobe has decided I should edit is quite unsettling. I came in with high hopes for Premiere, what with its After Effects, encoding and Photoshop integration. If Adobe is reading this I would love to get on a user panel to suggest many improvements to the editing interface of Premiere. I do lots of real world editing and there are some glaring problems with this software.

Frank

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]