ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Weird glitchiness upon export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Ausmith
Weird glitchiness upon export
on Aug 9, 2012 at 5:12:19 pm

Things on my project were working fine for a while. All of the sudden, I get some WEIRD glitches when I export. Some involve the image on screen jumping around, being repeated many times inside the frame, weird green pixel blobs, all kinds of wackiness. The glitches aren't consistent-- it's mostly when the timeline has anything but straight video. Things like scaling, blending modes, titles, and footage that was exported from After Effects seems to trip it up the most, but again, there isn't a real pattern to it. I tried exporting in H264 and just straight DV NTSC which rendered slightly different glitches in slightly different places, but had them nonetheless.

Any ideas on what the heck is going on?

Benjamin Ausmith
Post-Production Assistant
Monadnock Media, inc.

Return to posts index

Benjamin Ausmith
Re: Weird glitchiness upon export
on Aug 9, 2012 at 6:03:59 pm

Well, restarted my machine and tried again, and it worked fine. But I'd still like to know if anyone else has run into this, and what some causes might be. My coworkers are citing the retrograde of Mercury.

Also, working in CS6 and running OSX 10.6 with 20 GB of memory.

Benjamin Ausmith
Post-Production Assistant
Monadnock Media, inc.

Return to posts index

Douglas Morse
on Aug 9, 2012 at 9:02:25 pm

I'm getting lots of export problems, but with audio. I was fine on 5.5, but 6.01 seems to have all sorts of trouble. Anyone who has any advice, it would be appreciated. I'm on a Mac with OS 10.7.4

Return to posts index

Tony Pfau
on Aug 9, 2012 at 9:50:01 pm

I had all sorts of problems with CS6 and Lion on my MacbookPro Quad i7 w/16gb ram. Everything from flashing white frames from Speedgrade renders, to scaled clips shaking, 422HQ clips created in aftereffects rendering out just as a green frame, to clips rendering out what looked like an opacity wipe on half of it, to kernel crashes and on and on. I spent a lot of time scratching my head. Many issues I couldn't find any posts about anywhere.

I upgraded to Mountain Lion and haven't experienced the crashes and the last few renders seemed to be without issues, and can use the OpenCL hardware acceleration, so far, but still take a long time on pretty straightforward sequences having only some scaled video, some text.

Regarding your glitching, whenever I scaled something, had keys or mattes I'm using, I render out at "maximum render quality' and if I have the time, maximum depth, then go somewhere for a long while. Even though I'd have the previews set for 422HQ, I stopped using those for export. Sometimes I still have to go back and crop or put a matte on the scaled items because I'll get these vibrating edges. Don't know if that's of any help since you're on Snow Leopard but, for what it's worth, I have had much more stability with CS6 after ML upgrade.

To resolve the green frame issue, I just ended up rendering out new files out of Aftereffects of the problem clips as a 422 instead of 422HQ and at least was able to get it to render video instead of green panel. Haven't the foggiest why.

Tony Pfau
Editor / Director-Producer
http://avpfilms.net

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Aug 9, 2012 at 9:56:36 pm

I had that same problem Benjamin,
but it was only for a particular sequence with some weird footage codec.

Restarting also fixed the export.

what are you using as a sequence preset?

I and others have found the AVC-Intra 100 to be the most problem free.

Return to posts index

Benjamin Ausmith
on Aug 10, 2012 at 2:39:19 pm

My sequence is HDV720p at 23.976fps. Outputting using the Vimeo SD H264 setting at 23.976, just to show to clients.

It's somewhat encouraging to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem, thanks for your feedback.

Return to posts index

Charles Diaz
on Sep 8, 2014 at 10:31:15 pm

We had a similar problem, green frames littered out export. Going thru the Premiere timeline we discovered it was key frames on a text layer. We deleted the key frames, added them back from scratch (not copy and paste) and the green frames were gone.

What we'd recommend is that you go thru the timeline section by section, rendering out short clips in the problem areas. Turn off elements one by one and render it out until the problem goes away. Once the problem goes away, you've found your culprit, for us it was the key frames. We turned off the text layer, rendered it out and the green frames were gone. Then we took action from there.

Hope that helps somebody.

Return to posts index

Erik Hill
on Nov 26, 2014 at 11:36:48 pm

Ty Charles Diaz, that fixed it for me. I'm on Premiere Pro CC 2014. This is the 2nd time this has caused me an issue. I'm going to report the bug to Adobe *fingers crossed*.

-Erik
Video Beast

Return to posts index

Tom McFaul
on Apr 9, 2015 at 6:19:38 am

That was the issue I was having as well and removing the keyframes on the text layers fixed it.

Thanks Charles!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]