ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How to work with large video files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley Davis
How to work with large video files
on Aug 8, 2012 at 12:47:08 pm

I have converted my old home video tapes from 30yr old cine tapes of more recent mini DV. I am left with roughly 20-30 videos but they have been converted to extremely large files, some up to 6GB. Because of this they won't fit on to one single DVD which is what I would like to do.

Can I maybe convert or transcribe them to a smaller size?

Can you also tell me if I am going about this the best way. Basically I am putting each video into a new sequence on premiere, doing a bit of editing and adding some music and then once thats all done I will make a DVD menu with Encore and link them all together on the front page of the DVD menu. Is this the best way about this?

Return to posts index

Steven L. Gotz
Re: How to work with large video files
on Aug 8, 2012 at 2:55:12 pm

Assuming that the large files are DV AVI or some other common codec, when you edit the timeline, add your music, etc, then export to a format you can use in Encore (or dynamically link to Encore), then Encore will take care of properly coding your video to be used on a DVD. Which is generally much smaller a file than the original due to some massive compression.

6GB of DV is about 30 minutes of video. That can be put on a DVD at the highest quality with no problem.

Steven

http://www.stevengotz.com

Return to posts index

Ashley Davis
Using dual screens in CS6
on Aug 9, 2012 at 10:01:44 am

I have just got a secondary monitor, identical to my existing one and I want to extend premiere CS6 onto both displays.. how can I do this?

I am aware you can make the playback monitor play from the secondary one but I really want to extend the entire workspace over both if possible so the timeline will go from one to the other.. is this possible?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]