ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate
podcasts

Copying Volume Keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoffrey Shea
Copying Volume Keyframes
on Aug 3, 2012 at 9:48:31 pm

I can't figure out if its possible to copy Track Keyframes (i.e. Volume) from one track to another. I'm using the Pen tool to select a bunch of volume keyframes on one track (which is set to Show Track Keyframes) then targeting another track (also set to Show Track Keyframes) but the Paste option is greyed out.

Can this even be done?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Gabriel Sanchez
Re: Copying Volume Keyframes
on Aug 4, 2012 at 12:32:28 am

You can create a new submix track, put all the volume keyframes in this track and send all the audio tracks you want to take this volume keyframes to this submix with the audio mixer.
Regards

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Aug 4, 2012 at 9:16:01 am

You cannot copy/paste track based keyframes to another track.
You can only do that with clip based keyframes.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Geoffrey Shea
on Aug 4, 2012 at 3:51:05 pm

Thanks Ann.

You're clearly right. Where did I get the idea this was possible in the first place? Maybe the PP Manual! Not the first time I've been mislead by an incomplete entry in the manual...

In a Timeline panel, choose from a clip or track’s effect menu to display the property containing the keyframes you want to copy.
Select one or more keyframes.
Choose Edit > Copy.
In the timeline for the sequence containing the destination clip or track, do one of the following:

Select the clip where you want to paste the keyframes.

Target the video or audio track where you want the copied keyframes to appear.
Make sure that the clip or track displays the same property as the keyframes you copied; otherwise, the Paste command is unavailable. If the property is not available on the clip or track’s effect properties menu, you must apply the same effect that was applied to the clip or track from which the keyframes were copied.
Move the current-time indicator to the point in time where you want the keyframes to appear.
Choose Edit > Paste.

Return to posts index

Geoffrey Shea
on Aug 4, 2012 at 3:48:38 pm

Thanks Gabriel. Clearly a good idea, but one I should have had before creating all the volume keyframes directly on a track. I'll try this next time.

Return to posts index

Pascal De Maria
on May 3, 2017 at 7:57:59 pm

I know this thread is old, but it was the first thread that came up in a google search, so I figured I'd respond for anyone coming here looking for a work around.

You have to unlink your audio tracks from each other and manually paste the keyframes to each track in the effects panel. Copy them from one, paste them into the other.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]