ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Feature Film Audio Sync Advice

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rajarshi Basu
Feature Film Audio Sync Advice
on Jul 19, 2012 at 7:54:28 am

Hi,

I am editing a feature film, shot using Canon 7D. Now I have already edited the film using camera sound, as I got the location sync sound much later.

Now, is there a way where I can sync the original clips to the audio and the edited clips in my timeline can update automatically ?

I would die, if I have to manually edit and rearrange the synced clips over the actual edit all over again !

Thanks !

RB

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Feature Film Audio Sync Advice
on Jul 19, 2012 at 3:01:32 pm

If you have the same amount of tracks, you can paste the new sound in the video, replacing the old sound.

BWF_QT merge (can be found on my site) can do this for you.

BUT, be very, very afraid. If you make a small mistake (eg, adding more tracks), chances are your project won't link to the originals.
So test before you commit yourself to this!

There is a tool from Intelligent Assistance, called Sync and Link that should do the trick in a more safe way, and should allow for more channels.

hth,

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
on Jul 19, 2012 at 4:49:22 pm

I would suggest looking into Plural Eyes http://www.singularsoftware.com/pluraleyes.html

It can process two versions of your timeline: one where the sync audio is under your camera audio, and another where your sync audio replaces your camera audio.

If your edit is locked, I would just grab the demo so you can finish your work. If you edit similar projects often, then I strongly suggest buying it.

Angelo Lorenzo
Fallen Empire - Digital Production Services
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services.
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

Return to posts index

igor jovcevski
on Aug 28, 2012 at 8:16:40 am

you can also try WoOWave WooSync. As someone who was one of the developers of the woosync, I would appreciate your thoughts.
woowave.com
thanks
Igor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]