ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Stretching a photo slideshow?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Huddleston
Stretching a photo slideshow?
on Jun 13, 2012 at 7:42:19 pm

Hi there. I am creating a graduation slideshow for a client. I currently have about 400 images set to music, with each still image at a 120 frame duration by default, making each still image about 4 seconds long at 29.97 fps. The slideshow is quite long and I've been doing a lot of work by hand on each image for scaling and position. After adding transitions, my gut instinct is that each still image should be a bit longer, maybe about 5 seconds. Is there a way to stretch the entire slideshow out without having to re-import all the photos with a new default still image duration? I know that the rate stretch tool can work if I nest my sequence in a new sequence, but when I tried this, the repeated frames made any scale/zoom effects jittery... Anyone know a way around this issue? Thanks for any help.

Jake Huddleston

Return to posts index

Jon Barrie
Re: Stretching a photo slideshow?
on Jun 15, 2012 at 11:51:52 am

G'day Jake,

Try to select all the images in your edit and right click on any area of the selection. Go to the "Speeed/Duration" and set the new duration, before you hit OK you MUST also tick the Ripple... tick box. Then hit OK.

See how that works for you. Let us know if it kills your animation keyframes and will take it from there.

Cheers JB

Jon Barrie
Adobe Video Solutions Consultant ANZ
Jon's YouTube Tutorial Page
follow Jon with twitter

Return to posts index

Jake Huddleston
Re: Stretching a photo slideshow?
on Jun 16, 2012 at 7:44:50 am

Thanks Jon. I gave this a try and the images and transitions stretched just fine, but motion keyframes did not. Therefore, my scale/position keyframes did not stretch, resulting in a sudden stop in animation before the image faded into the next. Not sure if there is any option to ripple edit animation keyframes along with the images themselves...

Jake Huddleston

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]