ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

CS6 - Keyframe won't snap to end of clip, it snaps just *before* the end

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Spencer
CS6 - Keyframe won't snap to end of clip, it snaps just *before* the end
on Jun 4, 2012 at 1:29:57 am

If I'm moving an image across the screen, the final keyframe will not snap to the end of the clip. This is with the keyframe timeline zoomed-out. Once I snap the keyframe to the end, I have to manually zoom in on the keyframes, find the last keyframe which is positioned before the end, and drag it to the absolute end of the clip.

Anyone else having this problem? I have to do this every single time!

Screenshot 1: Keyframe snapped to end of clip, timeline zoomed out.

Screenshot 2: Timeline zoomed in, Why isn't the keyframe at the end??

Return to posts index

John-Michael Seng-Wheeler
Re: CS6 - Keyframe won't snap to end of clip, it snaps just *before* the end
on Jun 10, 2012 at 12:13:19 am

Though I can't tell from your screen shots, I'm assuming the key frame is snapping to the last frame, which is exactly what it should do. The key frame sits at the beginning of the frame. By moving the key frame as you are you're moving the key frame to after the last frame, meaning that what ever you have key framed will never reach the end before the end of the clip. What I'm saying is that if you have, say motion key framed to start and point X and end at point Y, with the key frame where it puts it the motion will finish with the clip at position Y at the last frame. If you move the key frame as you have been then the last frame will see the clip's position at slightly less then Y, since it only reaches Y in the next, nonexistent, frame.

Return to posts index

Adam Spencer
on Jun 12, 2012 at 10:28:32 pm

I can clearly see the image stop moving before it fades out. This means the keyframe did not snap to the absolute end of the clip like it was supposed to. This should not happen, and did not happen in CS5.5.

Return to posts index

John-Michael Seng-Wheeler
on Jun 12, 2012 at 11:21:08 pm

I just had a thought. Do you still have this problem when you don't have a transition on the end of the clip? What command are you useing to make the key frame snap to the end?

Return to posts index

Richard Angle
Re: CS6 - Keyframe won't snap to end of clip, it snaps just *before* the end--Solution
on Feb 24, 2014 at 11:35:13 pm

As you have witnessed, when the keyframe is slid to the end of a zoomed out timeline quickly, it "snaps" into place before the actual last frame. Drag the keyframe VERY SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY past the boundary and into the vertical scroll bar area and the keyframe will continue to the last frame and hide itself behind the vertical scroll bar area. All that will be visible is a single pixel on the corner of the keyframe. A bug or an easter egg? I have no idea, just another bizarre CS6 behavior to add to the list. Premiere is a mysterious beast.

Richard Angle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]