ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

No QT / PR422 option exporting via Media Encoder?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sangye Ince-Johannsen
No QT / PR422 option exporting via Media Encoder?
on Jun 2, 2012 at 10:22:50 pm

Hi all, I'm the videographer on an extended video project for a local theatre production, and I'm working out a good workflow with the editor. She's working in FCPX, but I use Premiere CS6 to do initial audio sync and color grading. After adjusting color and audio, I need to be able to output the footage again in ProRes 422 HQ, 1080p, at 23.976 frames per second. I selected the Quicktime -> ProRes 422 HQ preset in Premiere, but changed the pixel aspect ratio to square and set the resolution, correspondingly, to 1920x1080 (rather than 1440 x 1080 with anamorphic pixels, which is the default).

This custom preset encodes just fine in Premiere as a .mov file, as expected. However, when I try to export it via Adobe Media Encoder, it defaults to a .f4v file. The only other options I have in Media Encoder are .flv and h.264. No options for Quicktime formats, much less ProRes.

This is obviously not satisfactory. Any ideas how to get Premiere sequences to output as ProRes 422 through Media Encoder? I've tried updating both software, and reinstalling FCPX in case AME wasn't seeing my ProRes codec installation.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ryan Patch
Re: No QT / PR422 option exporting via Media Encoder?
on Jun 3, 2012 at 3:25:49 am

Sounds like you don't know where to look. Every option available in Premiere export is available in the Encoder. A simple way to get the footage out is if you're in Premiere's export window, click "Queue" instead of "export" and the sequence (and it's settings) will be sent to Media encoder.

You're absolutely right that there should be (and there is) a QT prores option in AME.

If you are still having trouble, can you attach a screenshot of the settings dialog where you can't select QT?

Return to posts index

Sangye Ince-Johannsen
on Jun 3, 2012 at 5:25:38 am

Thanks for the reply. I am pressing Queue, and am being correctly sent to Media Encoder. However, once there, I do not see any option for ProRes.

Here is the dialogue box when I press export in Premiere, including the settings I would like to use.

Here is the Adobe Media Encoder window that appears after I press Queue.

I couldn't take a screenshot with the drop-down menus selected, but under Format I am limited to F4V, FLV, H.264, H.264 (Legacy), and MP3. With F4V selected, I have a number of presets available (including various "Match Source Attributes", Mobile, PC & TV, Phone & Tablet, and Web options). H.264 gives all of the standard device and web output options. Obviously, neither Flash, H.264, nor MP3 formats will give me the ProRes preset that I need.

As you can see in the upper right panel, when I search "prores", no presets appear.

Just to reiterate, Premiere recognizes that I have ProRes available as a codec, and exports my footage as ProRes just fine. The issue is that Media Encoder doesn't give me that option. Unless I am missing something? Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Jon Barrie
on Jun 3, 2012 at 5:40:53 am

Are you still in trial mode?

Cheers JB

Jon Barrie
Adobe Video Solutions Consultant ANZ
Jon's YouTube Tutorial Page
follow Jon with twitter

Return to posts index

Ryan Patch
on Jun 3, 2012 at 3:07:20 pm

Okay, that's weird. Premiere / AME is doing something weird - your export presets should carry over into AME, and even if they didn't, you should be able to change them in the encoder.

One last idea would be to click on the orange text that says "FLV" and in theory that should bring up the export dialog box again, and perhaps you'll have access to more settings there?

There DEFINITELY should be Quicktime presets available to you, though... this is weird.

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
on Jun 3, 2012 at 9:55:17 pm

When I did a clean install of OS Lion and CS6 I too saw that there was no ProRes options in Media Encoder. So I did a quick install of Final Cut (just FC7 and Color, nothing else from the FCS3 suite) this gave me all of the ProRes options within Media Encoder.
Hope this helps.
Do you have FCP laying around somewhere?

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.frostlineproductions.com

Return to posts index

Christoph Heimer
on Jun 4, 2012 at 2:44:26 pm

It's so frustrating! I'm having the exact same problem..
It's not just about ProRes not being there, the entire quicktime output module is missing in AME.
I read a lot about it, and usually it seems to be somehow influenced by the kind of install you have. Like if you only install flash, and AME is installed with it, you won't get quicktime. But if you install the entire Master Collection, it should be there, but just isnt.

I'm having a thread in the adobe forums, but no one came up with a solution there neither...
Trying to reinstall FCP 7 now!

Return to posts index

Christoph Heimer
on Jun 4, 2012 at 2:58:41 pm

reinstalled fcp 7 studio -> No effect!

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
on Jun 4, 2012 at 3:18:39 pm

Wow, I am stumped. It worked here but reading your other post about what all is installed, I DO have the entire Master collection but I have not installed everything yet. I am traveling now but will be back to the studio tomorrow and let you know what all I have installed currently.
Hope we get this figured out for you.
All the best,

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.frostlineproductions.com

Return to posts index

Sangye Ince-Johannsen
on Jun 5, 2012 at 7:26:27 pm

Hi all, just a quick update. Reinstalling FCPX did NOT fix it for me. However, this did: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5411

Thanks for your help everyone.

Return to posts index

John-Michael Seng-Wheeler
on Jun 9, 2012 at 11:08:17 pm

I'm glad that things worked out. I had this issue a month ago with half of the codec options missing. (in my case, the codec that I was looking for and couldn't find was MXF.) It was fixed by the first update to AME, 6.0.1.

Are you still perhaps running 6.0.0?

John-Michael

Return to posts index

Mabel Valdiviezo
on Jul 18, 2012 at 7:06:21 pm

Hi,

I have similar issues. I just downloaded the prores presets, thanks to your link.
Now, can you tell me where did you placed the PRORES folder?
Anywhere specifically? Rigth now it is in downloads folder.

Many thanks,

Mabel Valdiviezo

Mabel Valdiviezo
Editor

Return to posts index

Rob Clev
on Jul 24, 2012 at 4:15:41 pm

I just added the ProRes presets to Photoshop CS6 on my Mac. I placed the presets folder in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Presets/Video/Adobe Media Encoder/QuickTime. Works fine. Thanks for the link Sangye!

I wish there was a preset for Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) 24 fps though. :(

Return to posts index

Jone Stava
on Dec 12, 2012 at 8:25:36 am

Hey, I have the same problem. I downloaded the presets, but AME will not give me the Quicktime option. I'm doing a school project, and I have to export several sequences, and we have to deliver .mov files (QT), but Media Encoder does not give me that option, even though Premiere Pro gives me that option.

Running MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2010 Stock model.

Return to posts index

Faith Bee
on Apr 2, 2014 at 9:48:36 pm

Hi, I know this happened awhile ago, but I'm jut finding the thread now. I downloaded the extra pro res export settings, but I can't seem to figure out how to then access them through premiere. Any leads here? Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Doug Fahl
on Jan 16, 2013 at 3:01:49 am

I found a solution to this problem. You can find the instructions to change a txt file on windows or mac in this forum. http://forums.adobe.com/message/4637985

The text file called AddExporterList.txt (on mac) is in the package contents of the AME application in contents/resources/txt/ Duplicate the file and change the copy by deleting the information so it looks exactly like this:

# MediaCore Plugins

# AME Plugins

AudioWriter
WinMediaWriter

# AME Plugin Formats

MPEG4
H.264 Blu-ray

Then delete the original file txt file and rename the new one to match the original file. (AddExporterList.txt) (The system won't let you just change the original file because it's locked, but you can replace it with a new version). Then you should be able to launch AME and it will have all the options for quicktime. Then, if you want, you can download and install the ProRes settings listed earlier in this forum using the import presets button at the top of AME.

Return to posts index

Corey Martin
on Mar 10, 2013 at 8:15:14 pm

I also found the solution in Doug's post but after applying fix found MPEG2 presets disabled (there may have been others disabled as well but I was mostly paying attention to the missing MPEG2). I was able to enable ALL export formats (Quicktime, MPEG2, FLV, etc) by:

• Keeping the original AddExporterList.txt in "Adobe Media Encoder CS6/Contents/Resources/txt/"
• Changing the extension for each of the actual bundles that AddExporterList.txt is importing from
"Adobe Media Encoder CS6/Contents/Plug-ins/Common/Exporter[FORMAT].bundle"
to "Adobe Media Encoder CS6/Contents/Plug-ins/Common/Exporter[FORMAT].bak.bundle"

That way AMC will still keep the default presets but will fail to load the bundles for the additional formats once they're imported. Obviously the use of ".bak" is a bit arbitrary. Too early to tell if there's any drawbacks for this method, but I'd tend to think there wouldn't be.

Corey

Return to posts index

Scott Green
on Apr 6, 2013 at 12:40:02 pm

This helped me get the Quicktime presets into AME, so thanks for that.
But, when I've imported ProRes 422 HQ Presets from Adobe and try to use them I get "Preset Error: Incompatible Video Codec found in preset. Preset load failed".

Any ideas to fix it?

Creative Multimedia Design Manchester | S©tt Green | Splurj

Return to posts index

Mike Damian
on Sep 11, 2013 at 7:16:12 am

I have had the same issue after a fresh LION install. All of my ProRes codecs were gone. I installed FCPX and they were still not there. This was the fix I found after doing some research.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1396

Return to posts index

Mister Ed2014
on May 2, 2014 at 11:43:40 pm

Doug. I just created an account on this forum, specially to thank you very much!
I need to convert a lot of mts files to ProRes and this tip just saved me!

Regards from Argentina.

Return to posts index

Arcadeous Phoenix
on May 20, 2014 at 11:28:00 am

Have this problem a while ago, I'm using AME CC for windows. I downloaded AME update 7.2.2 and this solved the problem. http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=5770&fileID=5780

Return to posts index

Misha Mazor
on Jun 11, 2014 at 6:32:47 pm

This is the solution that worked for me:
http://fabienbourbigot.com/wordpress/?p=318

I did both steps of copying codecs to the User/Library/Quicktime folder and replacing the "AddExporterList.txt" file in /Applications/Adobe Media Encoder CC/Adobe Media Encoder CC.app/Contents/Resources/txt/AddExporterList.txt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]