ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

CS6 and MacbookPro17/Lion

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Garrett Hestla
CS6 and MacbookPro17/Lion
on May 14, 2012 at 12:08:43 pm

So far I'm having mixed results with the upgrade. I made the switch from FC7 two weeks ago and then upgraded from 5.5 to 6 a few days ago. I have had some sluggish playback issues. The only big issue was a complete OS crash while rendering a 45 minute 720p sequence through the media encoder. This was after a clean restart too. The render was 2/3 done so I lost a couple hours of time. It did work the second time.

I'm wondering if my mac might need a tune-up.

The work flow is faster with CS6

Return to posts index

Garrett Hestla
Re: CS6 and MacbookPro17/Lion
on May 24, 2012 at 2:41:18 pm

After trying to edit raw MXF 1920 X 1080 files I have given up and am now rendering the files to ProRes 422. If I rebooted, only opened Premiere, I could edit for about ten minutes then playback would start to drag. Audio was fine, video terrible. This is of course after completely rendering the fies in the sequence.

Return to posts index

Thomas Smet
on May 24, 2012 at 8:19:10 pm

This sounds like a problem many of us are having when using the gpu enhanced mode. If you switch to the software only mode CS6 seems to be rock solid. Adobe is away of the problem and has stated they are working on it. I hope they are.

Return to posts index

Garrett Hestla
on May 27, 2012 at 4:20:29 am

I don't see anything in Premiere Preferences about gpu enhanced mode. I need to find some relief soon or I'm going to have to switch back to FCP7. The software is getting slower as I use it. I have to reboot every two hours because my mac slows to a crawl. A simple render after moving a graphic across the screen takes over a second per frame. And I can't play it without rendering.

Return to posts index

Garrett Hestla
on Jun 5, 2012 at 5:04:50 am

I was able to update my HD and RAM, going from a 500gb to 750gb drive and from 4gb to 8 gb of RAM. I really think my HD was about to fail. Since the swap I'm having a MUCH better experience. I expected a better flow with multiple programs open and there is that advantage, but the problems I was having were more consistant with a failing drive.
Loving CS6 now. Renders are faster, I'm able to have Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere all open and working at the same time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]