ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Vibration/Buzz on video...hows it done (without wiggler)?

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Danny Mulen
Vibration/Buzz on video...hows it done (without wiggler)?
on Mar 23, 2012 at 11:37:33 pm

Think speaker cone, when you play loud music and bass drops it'll slightly rotate, vibrate and buzz out. This isnt camera shake im after, its more like rotation + blur. I want to apply this to certain parts of my video.

Basically I want my video to rotate left and right from the center point and smoothly come back to a normal stop (so rotation should decrease to 0).
I also want to apply a large radial blur that should also decrease to 0 as the rotation dies off.

I think I can figure out how to animate the blur parameter but how would I handle the rotation? Its tricky because it needs to spin the video a few degrees to the left and then the same degrees to the right, then repeat with smaller degree increments til it comes back to 0.

Any plugins for this?

Edit: Here's an example at 0:14 -

Return to posts index

Gabriel Sanchez
Re: Vibration/Buzz on video...hows it done (without wiggler)?
on Mar 24, 2012 at 7:53:27 pm

If i´ve understood it, you could do this with Genart Sapphire plugins, exactly with the one called "Shake", combined with the PP plugin "Basic 3D". There´s another one called Twitch by Videocopilot, that perhaps could fit your needs, doesn´t do exactly the same, but maybe you like it.

Regards

Return to posts index

Danny Mulen
on Mar 24, 2012 at 8:24:57 pm

Well basically I just need to figure out how to handle the rotation, it should rotating towards both sides and come to a stop.

I'm not trying to move the x/y position of the video at all (which would shake it), I'm trying to create a vibration illusion but rotating it left and right equally.

See the example link in the first post.

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Mar 24, 2012 at 9:18:30 pm

Definitely not Twitch, just checked out its controls.

You could easily program this shake on the X axis with some key frames if you know how to use AE, no plugin needed.

Tom Daigon
Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
Mac Pro 3,1
8 core
Nvidia Quadro 4000
24 gigs ram
Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
Kona 3

Return to posts index

Danny Mulen
on Mar 24, 2012 at 9:47:56 pm

Like I said before, i'm not programming a shake per se, I'm trying to program a vibrating rotation of video.

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Mar 24, 2012 at 11:40:14 pm

Same thing.

I just did one in AE that replicates exactly the same motion in the video you posted. Do you know how to use AE?. If so you can do it in the manner I described with key frames and motion blur.

Tom Daigon
Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
Mac Pro 3,1
8 core
Nvidia Quadro 4000
24 gigs ram
Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
Kona 3

Return to posts index

Danny Mulen
on Mar 26, 2012 at 10:11:17 pm

Yes I can use AE but why waste the effort if I can do it in Premiere right? Especially considering the fact that youre recommending doing it by hand key-by-key. I'm surprised theres no plugin for this, kind of ridiculous imo.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]