ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Media Offline Unless AE File Open

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonnie Lewis
Premiere Media Offline Unless AE File Open
on Mar 14, 2012 at 11:56:44 am

Hello!

I've been dynamically linking my most recent Premiere Pro project with an After Effects file so that I can add colour correction and other effects.

Somewhere along the line, the media has gone offline (possibly to do with a crash followed by me continuing to work from a recovery file).

Every time I open the Premiere Project, the clips from one of my After Effects projects have gone offline. If I find the offline media in the project panel of Premiere and click "Link Media", and find the appropriate file it encounters a "serious error" and closes down.

However, if I have the After Effects file open at the same time - the media links up just fine by hitting "Link Media" and then pointing it to the AE file.

It's just irritating that I have to have After Effects running at the same time to stop my media going offline. Is there something that I'm doing wrong or something that I can do to sort it out?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Nate Rich
Re: Premiere Media Offline Unless AE File Open
on Oct 18, 2012 at 2:11:38 pm

Did you ever figure this one out? I'm having the same problem now...

Return to posts index

Jonnie Lewis
on Oct 18, 2012 at 11:11:37 pm

Wish I could help, but I'm afraid I never came to a solution... I think I just put up with keeping AE running in the background until I finished the project.

Sorry I can't be any more use!

Return to posts index

Alberto Fontana
on Oct 16, 2015 at 9:25:32 am
Last Edited By Alberto Fontana on Oct 16, 2015 at 9:27:04 am

Same problem here...annoying as hell!!
THe big problem is that i imported comps from 2 different AE Projects...therefore there is absolutely no way to export from premiere, because i can't open two AE projects at the same time.

The only solution for me was to export from AE and then use the exported video instead of the linked comp. Which is not a good solution because doesn't take benefits from the (not working) dynamic link.

The amount of bugs i'm finding every day in Adobe softwares is incredible

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]