ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Problem with timecode

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed Iqbal
Problem with timecode
on Mar 9, 2012 at 10:22:36 pm

Hi there,
No idea what is going wrong. I have got a master clip from buyer along with a premiere file with some of the subclips he has already placed on timeline.

He wants me to add a few images and titles across the timeline in between these subclips. The problem is that in one of the subclips that he has referred to is the time 00;01;55;20 whereas when I open the master clip in source monitor, it is only showing the very beginning of the master clip as 00;02;27;07. No matter what I do, it is showing the beginning as "00;02;27;07" instead of "00;00;00;00"

I have even checked it by creating a new file and then imported the sequence, but again the beginning time is "00;02;27;07".

Note that when I open file provided by buyer and look at master clip properties, it says "video used 8 times" and "audio used 11 times" obviously because there are some clips just for the audio. But my question is, if this could have been the reason then why it is happening when I am creating a new file, importing the same clip and willing to create my own sub-clips. I should have been able to locate 00;00;00;00 in source monitor!!

I feel really embarrassed for asking this question to my client. I guess I can discuss it here to figure it out what the solution could be.

Please respond and help me out.

Naved

TweenGuy

Return to posts index

Clark Cooper
Re: Problem with timecode
on Mar 10, 2012 at 12:38:37 am

I may not be following you completely. Much of the footage you bring from any pro source (i.e. Panasonic P2 camera, etc) will have time code embedded in the clip. If the footage was shot with freerun time code, you could have a clip who's time code is 00:02:27:02. Nothing wrong with that.

Perhaps your client is referring to the time code on the timeline, not a source clip, (which will usually/always?) start at 0:00:00:00.

If that's not the case, then it simply sounds like the client hasn't supplied all of the necessary clips...

Return to posts index

Syed Iqbal
Re: Problem with timecode
on Mar 10, 2012 at 1:18:35 am

Hi Clark,
Seems your guess is correct. It should be referred to in the timeline. Timecode embedded in the clip is a useful information for me anyways.

Thanks for your great help. I really appreciate!

Syed

TweenGuy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]