ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

titles not updating!!!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Engelkemier
titles not updating!!!
on Feb 17, 2012 at 7:19:21 pm

I have to basically subtitle a bunch of text so I've got quite a few titles. It worked fine for the first 20 or so, but now sometimes they aren't updating.

Here's my workflow:
create a title and get everything where I want it.
right click on title in project and choose duplicate
rename copied title
place new title on timeline
change text of copied and renamed title
think I'm done and ready to move on to the next thing until....

Now I go back a couple titles to listen for where the changes are. What!?! The text for the title I just changed is showing up in the playback window. I think, "shoot, did I edit the wrong title?," so double click that title in the timeline to change it. No, it's still the original text, but is showing up with the new text.

The first time this happened I scratched my head, saved, closed, opened it again and it was now corrected. Then I copied another title to move on and repeated that process....same thing.

Has anyone ever gotten this bug? Is there a 30 title limit without there being issues? lol

Hoping this is already solved, does anyone have a solution or reasonable workaround?

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: titles not updating!!!
on Feb 17, 2012 at 7:43:56 pm

Hi Andy,

I haven't tried Duplicate. Rather, I open the original title in Titler and hit the button that makes a new copy there, have never had any issues.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Andy Engelkemier
on Feb 17, 2012 at 8:05:20 pm

Ha, I never hovered over those three buttons there to see what they were. I'll give that a try.

I Think also that turning off/on visibility of that video track refreshes it as well. I haven't confirmed that completely yet, but it did work once at least.

Return to posts index

Andy Engelkemier
on Mar 14, 2012 at 2:12:11 pm

Confirmed, it's a bug of some sort. It doesn't always happen, but turning the layer's visibility off/on causes it to refresh. So that's a workaround at least.

I logged it with Adobe. I can't pinpoint when it happens, so it may never get fixed. I assume it doesn't happen on all systems either. At least I know a fix.

I had it happen once after using the technique you suggested by creating a copy using the button at the top left in the titler, so that didn't solve it either. It just sometimes happens. Meh, I'll just have to keep a close eye on things.

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
on Feb 17, 2012 at 10:40:51 pm

It sounds like you are doing this, but...

make sure you are editing the duplicates in the project panel and NOT copy/pasting titles and launching to edit from the sequence.

When you copy and paste on the timeline these copies all refer to the same master in the project panel. so if you change one... it will change all copies on the timeline. If you are coming from FCP....this behavior is distinctly different from FCP...
where every duplicate made on the timeline is independent.

Alex

Return to posts index

Gabriel Sanchez
on Feb 20, 2012 at 9:17:45 am

I always do that as Jeff says, open an existing title in the titler and choose new title based in the actual one, so text position, character size and family are the same, just write another text and that´s all.

Regards

Return to posts index

Joe Bell
on Feb 2, 2017 at 8:00:22 pm

Still having the same issue in 2017 (current version of Premier).

Hide/showing the title layer didn't work for me. Restarting Premier did.

Return to posts index

Chul Woon G Lee
on Feb 17, 2017 at 1:07:18 pm

Hi, there.

I'm using CC 2017 and encounter the similar problem.
I'm not sure that the duplication and copying&pasting are same functions,
but I copied the 'title01' and renamed it 'title02'.

I clicked the spuit tool (not good at English, so I mean the tool for extracting the specific color) in the title tool menu,
and didn't choose any color, just push ESC.
The problem came up that time.
Kept trying to change the color or the texts, but no change at all.

Suddenly I clicked the spuit tool again and just pushed ESC,
then I could change the title finally.

Return to posts index

Andy Engelkemier
on Feb 17, 2017 at 3:42:59 pm

As people mentioned above, don't copy and paste, or duplicate the title as you might with any other object in Premiere. Instead, duplicate/copy the title using the top left button from within the titler. That creates a New copy of the title.

I really think this is a huge oversight on Adobe's part. Especially since it's not a true instance, and only seems to mess up Some of the time.
But anyway, it's just something to learn. Never duplicate a title from anywhere other than the titler.

Return to posts index

Nate Ward
on Jul 28, 2017 at 8:58:25 pm

I have a similar question about duplicating graphics, but for a slightly different purpose.

I have several videos, one for each timeline, and I'm creating text graphics in about a dozen different languages. I have the English text graphics all laid out on a video track as title objects, with precise timing, fades, and text formatting. I'm planning on putting each language on its own video layer, but with how Premiere treats title objects, I can't just select the entire English track, copy, paste it onto the next language track, and start replacing text.

Is there any way I can keep my timing and formatting without having to drag text objects down to the timeline one by one for every language, short of creating a premiere project for every language?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]