ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Trying to create a .MOV file with hinted streaming with Premiere CS5.5 do I have to get QT Pro?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Henry
Trying to create a .MOV file with hinted streaming with Premiere CS5.5 do I have to get QT Pro?
on Feb 16, 2012 at 9:59:11 pm

I've been trying to create a .MOV file for streaming on a new macbook pro at work. I have Premiere Pro on it and a lot of free video converters, but I can't find one that will enable the hinted streaming. MPEG Streamclip has a "fast start" box, but it doesn't work when I try uploading to Streaming Publisher. Do I need to buy Quicktime pro to do this? The reason I ask is because I tried encoding a .MOV on my computer at home in Pro and it worked. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Clark Cooper
Re: Trying to create a .MOV file with hinted streaming with Premiere CS5.5 do I have to get QT Pro?
on Feb 17, 2012 at 2:41:15 am

Thomas,

According to this thread, it looks like it may no longer be an option in Premiere Pro CS5.5, but if you have Photoshop Extended, you might be able to do it:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/725841

I hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Trying to create a .MOV file with hinted streaming with Premiere CS5.5 do I have to get QT Pro?
on Feb 18, 2012 at 5:33:43 am

Yes, you do need QuickTime Pro for this. Because there is no 64-bit QuickTime, the 64-bit Premiere Pro can't integrate with QuickTime the way that the old 32-bit version could. We have to create an interface layer for the QuickTime features (QT32 Server), and so far that just does the encoding/decoding, I/O stuff. And we even do a lot of that without QuickTime now.

If it is important to you that we build such functionality into Premiere Pro, let us know with a featurereques here:
http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]