ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

XDCAM HD and XDCAM HD422 on same timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George CreasmanXDCAM HD and XDCAM HD422 on same timeline?
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 5:16:57 pm

This may be a dumb question, but has anyone done this?
We currently have an XDCAM HD (1440x1080) camera and are considering a new 800 series (true 1920x1080)...I know they have different presets in the new sequence drop down...but will the HD work in a HD 422 timeline?? I do not have access to any HD 422 footage or I would experiment myself.
Thanks for any clarification.

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: XDCAM HD and XDCAM HD422 on same timeline?
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 5:30:24 pm

Hi George,

As Premiere pro CS5.5 is very flexible with mixed formats on the timeline, I see no issue. I would of course set the Sequence to the higher-quality of the two formats, at 1920x1080. Premiere will respect the pixel aspect ratio of the 1440 material and it will blend right in.

On our demo systems, I mix all kinds of footage together - XDCAM EX, HDV, ProRes 422, AVCHD, DSLR, even RED 2K and 4K clips!!

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

George CreasmanRe: XDCAM HD and XDCAM HD422 on same timeline?
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 6:08:38 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! ...we are currently using CS5 with no plans of changing anytime soon...I'd love to get my hands on a few seconds of XDCAM HD 422 native (mxf) footage before I recommend it though...it's company money that will be spent, not mine. So far the native HD files have worked well for us in PP and AFX.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]