ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Importing multiple PSD problem?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Mickelson
Importing multiple PSD problem?
on Jan 11, 2012 at 6:08:08 pm

When importing a folder with multiple PSD files there is no "apply to rest of files" option. I have to wait for Premiere to check out every PSD, then click the checkbox for every single PSD as to whether I want it flattened, sequence and what have you. Any work arounds?

CrippleBook Pro 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB ram, SLeopard 10.6.8, FCPStudio 3, QT 7

Return to posts index

Randy Gallagher
Re: Importing multiple PSD problem?
on Jan 14, 2012 at 4:03:50 pm

I have the same problem here, I don't believe that there is a work around. As much of a pain as it is I almost think it's a good idea so that you have to make sure that all of your work comes out exactly how you want it to.

If there is something to work around I would be interested in finding what it is.

Return to posts index

Erik Mickelson
on Jan 14, 2012 at 5:56:55 pm

Say you have 30 layered PSD's for some boilerplate "ups". Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click or something like that. FCP just imports the whole folder and makes sequences of them all. I think this and the API for transitions should be fixed. Yes, I have put in for my ideas. Adobe probably threw them out for the prevalence of so much vernacular.

Ever try doing TMZ or ET type transitions in Premiere. Forget it. Just no single sided overlay type transitions.

Half of me thinks the whole whole industry is colluded, they are stripping away the pro-like aps from us, leaving only top-tier $$$(flint, flame, smoke) and weird stuff that has clunky, non standard interfaces and stripped down, wonky features(Premiere, new FCP, new Avid). YMMV.

Return to posts index

Randy Gallagher
on Jan 14, 2012 at 6:39:14 pm

You could be correct about the collusion. Sorry about the ignorance but what does the industry use other than Avid or FCP? When I was at a my university I was shunned for using Premiere and was told that FCP was the only way to edit, other than avid which no one could get there hands on.

Return to posts index

Erik Mickelson
on Jan 14, 2012 at 7:25:12 pm

Avid is supposedly phasing out compatibility with their "low end" products. Media Composer will not open in DS anymore, or something like that. FCP - killed. Shake - killed. Pinnacle products - killed. Targa real time editing card with everything we could have wanted(not "upgraded" to HD)- killed. That Targa 3000 card had the horsepower ten years ago that our systems still do not have today. But I digress, with wallet waiting for Adobe to ad what I want and then strip away the features that are most important(midi in Audition anyone?).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]