ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Low Res Playback of AE Comp Bug.. Confirm?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Trubac
Low Res Playback of AE Comp Bug.. Confirm?
on Dec 7, 2011 at 7:13:59 pm

I am having an issue with dynamic link between ppro and ae. Here is what I have done...

I started my project in FCP so that I could use Pluraleyes to sync 4 camera angles. I already own Pluraleyes for FCP, and the PPRO version just works with FCP XML. Why pay for the same thing in a different package?

After syncing, I export an XML from FCP and import the FCP project's XML into a new HDSLR project in PPRO (HDSLR 1080p24).

I copy the synced clips from the imported FCP sequence and paste them into a new HDSLR sequence created by PPRO - in order to make sure sequence settings are correct. I then [select all] on my new PPro sequence, and nest the clips.

Right click the nest, and choose multicam > enable.

Multicam edit my sequence. Side note: the fact that premiere always cuts me back to the angle I started playback on when I toggle recording off, or stop playback is very annoying.

Now here is my problem...

There are a few clips in my timeline that I want to replace with an AE comp so that I can run warp stabilize.

Right click the clip and replace with AE comp... save the comp.. good so far

The clip opens in AE as a nested comp (because of the multicam edit in PPro). I double click the nest to open the pre comp and disable the video tracks I do not want. I Apply warp stabilize, save, switch back to PPRO. Perfect!

Send the next clip, save dialog pops up, I select the previous clip exported (My Clip 1) to autofill save as, and change the name to (My Clip 2)

Disable clips in the pre comp, run Warp Stabilize, Save, wash and repeat for a total of 6 shots.

Everything seems to be going alright, except now I notice that some of the previous shots I replaced with AE comps in PPro contain the footage from the final comp I sent out. Earlier linked comps with longer durations just include black after the end of that final comp I sent out.

^^ WOAH! ^^

What the heck is going on? I have been playing around trying to figure it out. If I open the comp into the source monitor from the project panel I see what I expect. Drop it into the PPro timeline. Seems ok, but now I am getting a few frames that are what I expect, then it jumps to that final comp I sent, and then back to finish out the duration of the linked comp / clip.

I had playback resolution set to 1/4. It seems if I set it to full and replace the comps from the project window things work as expected. Drop the playback resolution to 1/4 and it comes back.

Has anyone else noticed that adjusting the playback resolution in the program monitor causes after effects comps to misbehave?

Another thing I have noticed... I copy my original clip to a higher track and disable before replacing with an AE comp. If I copy this clip back down and try to redo the replace with AE comp, and save over the original project file... AE will ask if I want to replace the file, I click yes, then I see AE load up to display a dialog box that says something along the lines of dynamic link requires production premium, and AE closes, and PPro usually crashes.

I know this is long, but can anybody else confirm this behavior, or offer any workarounds? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Gleb Rysanov
Re: Low Res Playback of AE Comp Bug.. Confirm?
on Dec 8, 2011 at 10:33:16 am

[Matt Trubac] "I had playback resolution set to 1/4. It seems if I set it to full and replace the comps from the project window things work as expected. Drop the playback resolution to 1/4 and it comes back."

Hello Matt,

What you describe looks like a mess with cached clips. When you change resolution, PPro updates its cache and when you set the resolution back to 1/4, PPro returns to clips previously cached (and where the mess is). Try purging all cached data. If that doesn't help, you may want to make sure if indeed something is wrong with your clips or maybe it's just a viewing problem. To do that, try render out a small portion of a 'problematic' clips/sequence out of PPro to see what's actually in there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]