ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Merged Clips Failure/This Project Contained a Sequence That Could Not be Opened...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chase Carnahan
Merged Clips Failure/This Project Contained a Sequence That Could Not be Opened...
on Nov 23, 2011 at 4:28:19 am

It seems that merging my clips together in PP 5.5 errors out my project file, and when I try to reopen the project file, PP gives me an error message: "This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type."

I seriously don't know what's going on. I've tried a variety of different import settings/sequence settings...but every time I end up getting the same problem. If anyone knows a workaround, or a fix for this issue, please help!

Chase

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Merged Clips Failure/This Project Contained a Sequence That Could Not be Opened...
on Nov 23, 2011 at 5:40:21 pm

Hi Chase,

I've seen this happen with sequences made using an i/o card preset that is no longer available.

Eg. AJA / Blackmagic card or software that are no longer there.

Vince Becquiot

Kaptis Studios
San Francisco - Bay Area

Return to posts index

Chase Carnahan
Re: Merged Clips Failure/This Project Contained a Sequence That Could Not be Opened...
on Nov 23, 2011 at 6:59:38 pm

Hey Vince,

Thanks for your reply. My sequence settings are native to my 7D's 1080p/24fps .mov files, and my audio files are both taken from my Zoom H4n @ 48.1 hz. (I create the sequence to match the files by dragging my clip to the "new item" icon.)

If it is indeed what you are saying, and PP 5.5 is creating a preset that is write-able but not readable, what are my solutions? Am I limited to just syncing and leaving all my clips/takes on one timeline? or moving them all to separate sequences and cutting from there?

If there is no workaround, are there other codecs I can go online and download for 5.5?

Thanks!

Chase

Return to posts index

Chase Carnahan
on Nov 23, 2011 at 7:07:00 pm

Hey Vince,

Thanks for your reply. My sequence settings are native to my 7D's 1080p/24fps .mov files, and my audio files are both taken from my Zoom H4n @ 48.1 hz. (I create the sequence to match the files by dragging my clip to the "new item" icon.)

If it is indeed what you are saying, and PP 5.5 is creating a preset that is write-able but not readable, what are my solutions? Am I limited to just syncing and leaving all my clips/takes on one timeline? or moving them all to separate sequences and cutting from there?

If there is no workaround, are there other codecs I can go online and download for 5.5?

Thanks!

Chase

Return to posts index

Steven Shippee
on Feb 26, 2012 at 6:35:25 pm

I had the same error, to wit, "This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type." in Adobe's CS-5 Master Collection 64 bit edition of Premier.

It was a result of having installed the trial version 1st, which installs without the codecs.

The workaround is to install a new project after converting the trial version to a paid, registered version - then the new project will auto install the correct codecs and you are good to go after than.

Steven Shippee
Olympia, Washington

Return to posts index

Raffael Krieger
on Jul 19, 2012 at 10:40:46 am

SOLUTION on PC!

Open the project file in editor and search the entry: ".epr"
If there is something written like "I-Frame only..." replace it like that: "Microsoft AVI.epr"

Thats the preview format, which can come in a working project through importing some other sequences, which contain the i-frame preview settings...

Tell me if it works for You too!

Return to posts index

David Phinijdamm
on Dec 19, 2016 at 12:36:50 pm

This works for me like a charm :)

Return to posts index

Hayley Harrison
on Apr 2, 2013 at 5:08:00 am

Hi there,
Do you know which codecs need to be downloaded in order to resolve this problem?
-HH

Return to posts index

Didier Jeanjean
on Oct 27, 2013 at 10:31:39 pm

Hi there!

I got the same problem as you guys with premiere cc. When I merge a video and a sound, the next time i try to open the project i can't and it says "This project contains a sequence..."

Did you find out the codecs needed to open project with merged clips?

I'm in despair right now... No one on any forums talks about this problem

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

benoit demarle
on Dec 23, 2013 at 2:37:51 pm

Hi to all,
Exact same problem on Premiere Pro CC. A project that must be finished in a week cannot be open because of merged media (7D images + H4N sounds).
Does anybody has a solution for this ?
Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]