ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CS5 - Label source clip markers?!!! Just like in FCP7

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Baker
Premiere Pro CS5 - Label source clip markers?!!! Just like in FCP7
on Oct 17, 2011 at 4:44:39 pm

Hey, All.

I've just begun my transition from FCP7 to Premiere Pro CS5. I want to log a clip, so I load a clip into the Source Monitor, see a good take and add a marker (the shortcut is *). There's no where I can insert a description to that marker, is that correct?

To parallel this in FCP7, I load my clip in my source monitor, find a good take, and hit "mm" to place a marker and insert a description.

Your knowledge is very much appreciated.

-- Peter Baker

Return to posts index

Laura Nucci
Re: Premiere Pro CS5 - Label source clip markers?!!! Just like in FCP7
on Oct 27, 2011 at 4:12:45 am

Hi, I've been wondering how to do this myself. Nobody knows?
I have a long clip (about an hour), so how can I add comments on the markers while I'm watching it on the source monitor?

Return to posts index

Benson Greene
on Nov 2, 2011 at 3:02:12 pm

Hey Peter,

I am transitioning as well and finding a similar problem. I've done some research and have found that only sequence markers can be extended and commented upon so far. I also found a few threads encouraging users to request this feature on the Adobe site.

As a workaround for some things, I use numbered markers just to reference spots of the media I need. Then, I set the in and out on these markers and create subclips (cmd+U) and label them accordingly. This way, you can still get the benefit of an extended clip marker in FCP as far as adding marked clips to the timeline and such.

BGreene

Return to posts index

Megan Toth
on Dec 5, 2012 at 5:00:59 am

I am stuck with CS 5.5 but I think CS 6 has fixed this problem. However for those of us with an older version, one slightly roundabout way I've found of labeling or adding comments to your clips is to link them to an empty title slide with comments in the title "name" field:

1. Create a new title (Ctrl+T)
2. In the NAME field, put your description, comments, whatever you want to say about your clip
3. In the title body don't put anything, just leave it empty.
4. Drag the title to your timeline and drop it on a separate track, above the clip you want to label.
5. GROUP THE CLIPS (highlight the title slide and the clip you want it to correspond with, right click, and choose "group" or Ctrl+G)
6. Hover over the title slide to read your comments anytime.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]