ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Sound problem in Premiere Pro CS5

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Webb
Sound problem in Premiere Pro CS5
on Oct 13, 2011 at 2:15:17 pm

Hi all. I filmed a gig a few months ago. 2 cameras and audio recorded with a Zoom H4n. I recorded to mp3 format as I was low on space on the card.

When I got home, I imported the video and audio files and everything worked fine without the need to convert anything. I edited a few videos out of the footage and had 2 layers of sound. The audio recorded straight from the pa system through the Zoom and a audio track from the master camera.

I then left it until yesterday. When I loaded up the project, the audio track from the Zoom H4n was still there, but was just playing noise. I checked the original files and they have turned to noise as well. The audio from the master camera is still fine, but that is not of a great quality. I've tried looking online for an awnser for hours but can't figure out what happened!

Anybody with any clue of what caused the files to corrupt? And if anyone can help me fix it, I'd be very very greatful.

Cheers. Trevor

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Sound problem in Premiere Pro CS5
on Oct 13, 2011 at 7:04:41 pm

When importing audio files into Premiere, they get conformed to a high-quality native format, and those newly rendered files are what actually plays back on the timeline. These may have become corrupted and/or the linkage is broken.

In your Premiere project folder, try renaming the "Adobe Premiere Pro Preview" folder, then when you Open your project and it can't find the preview renders, it should conform new files.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Trevor Webb
on Oct 19, 2011 at 1:36:16 pm

Sorry for the slow reply. Have had no internet until now.

Thanks for your reply, but if that was the case, wouldn't the original files from the Zoom H4n still play in windows media player or vlc?

I have filmed another gig since posting this issue and the new files are not playing on my computer either. All files work on the Zoom H4n and on my friends computer, but not on mine.

I have tried updating the sound card drivers and completely uninstalling them and reinstalling them but nothing is working. 1 person said that my sound card may simply not be able to play uncompressed sound files, but the original files from the first gig were working fine when I first imported them...

Any body with any ideas or suggestions? I have no idea what else to try!

Cheers

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 19, 2011 at 2:43:47 pm

Hi Trevor,

Please verify that you actually transferred the audio files from the recording device to a drive on your PC BEFORE importing them into Premiere.

If so, can you play them directly from their folder? Yes? Import them to Premiere again. Do they play in Premiere this time? Have you tried deleting the rendered files as discussed earlier to force re-render?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Trevor Webb
on Oct 19, 2011 at 6:26:06 pm

Hi Jeff, yes I moved the files into a folder on my pc before importing them to premiere and yeah I have tried the earlier advice today, but with no luck. It just doesn't make any sense to me! Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jon Barrie
on Oct 20, 2011 at 5:12:53 pm

Have you tried to start a new project and bring in the audio, does it work there? If so then I'd say the project may be corrupted somehow and I'd import the project into the new one and keep working from there.

- JB

Jon Barrie
Adobe Video Solutions Consultant ANZ
Jon's YouTube Tutorial Page
follow Jon with twitter

Return to posts index

Emmanuel Tenenbaum
on Nov 20, 2012 at 2:40:13 pm

Hi

Hijacking an old thread but I am actually experiencing the same issue. The ORIGINAL audio files are getting damaged/corrupt. This is non-sense to me.

Emmanuel Tenenbaum
http://emmanueltenenbaum.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]