ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Export Dolby E to HDCAM from Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Knight
Export Dolby E to HDCAM from Premiere
on Oct 3, 2011 at 8:04:45 am

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster. Am after a bit of advice with an HDCAM export I need to do.

I've got a feature film I need to export to HDCAM. I've done this before so am not new to the process, but this is the first time I've been asked to include a 5.1 mix, last time I did it in stereo.

After a bit of hunting around, it seems the only way to do this is to encode a dolby E file, as HDCAM has a maximum of 4 channels.

I have an audio guy who can make the dolby E file for me, but what I'm unclear on is how I then combine that with my footage for the print to tape. Is it a simple matter of putting the dolby E file on the timeline in place of the original audio and printing to tape? Presumably I'll need a Dolby E decoder plugin for Premiere in order to do so? Perhaps the Surcode one...

I will be using a Decklink HD Pro card to interface with the HDCAM deck, though the deck will be a rental and quite expensive per day so I want to make sure I've got the process locked down before I attempt it.

I will be exporting from a PC, most likely from an uncompressed .avi in order to maintain highest image quality :)

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Drew

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]