ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

AE to Premiere CS5 cross dissolve not transferring

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Waluska
AE to Premiere CS5 cross dissolve not transferring
on Sep 22, 2011 at 7:17:11 pm

Hi, I just tried transferring a Premiere project to AE and it works except the cross dissolves in Premiere do not transfer over to AE. I found an old thread that talked about this being a bug in CS4 that they were going to report to Adobe but I have CS5 (5.0.2) and I have the same problem. Because of the network where I work, I can't update my Adobe apps to see if there's a newer CS5 version so I was wondering if this was ever fixed and in which software version?

Also, in the adobe help, it says that and after effects icon will be displayed in the effects panel in Premiere next to any effect that is compatible with after effects but I've looked at every effect in there and I don't see any after effects icons at all. Was that feature added on a later version than what I have maybe? Or am I just not looking in the right place?

Thanks for any help

BTW - the workaround for the cross-dissolves is to apply a single opacity keyframe to each clip in premiere and then it will work in AE. It's a pain, but it does work.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: AE to Premiere CS5 cross dissolve not transferring
on Sep 23, 2011 at 5:54:30 am

It's a bug. It's fixed in CS5.5.

Here's a thread in which I give a workaround for CS5.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 23, 2011 at 5:55:32 am

> Also, in the adobe help, it says that and after effects icon will be displayed in the effects panel in Premiere next to any effect that is compatible with after effects

Show me where it says that. That is false.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Sep 23, 2011 at 3:08:26 pm

Hey Todd,
I did find that workaround in another thread, it's just a pain to do when you have a lot of clips, but it's better than nothing I guess. Glad to know it has been fixed in CS5.5.

The Adobe help says "After Effects imports effects common to Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, and preserves keyframes for these effects. In Adobe Premiere Pro, an After Effects icon in the Effects panel denotes common effects used by both applications."

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103906...

Thanks

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 23, 2011 at 8:30:09 pm

Thanks for the link, Erik. I just added a comment to that page to let the writer know that that sentence is false.

BTW, we encourage everyone to do that. If you see something that seems wrong in the Help document, leaving a comment on the Help page is the best way to get it fixed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]