ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Best Hardware monitoring option (PC)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Read
Best Hardware monitoring option (PC)
on Aug 23, 2011 at 10:40:16 am

Hi

Running CS5. I was having lots of stability problems when using a Matrox MX02 mini so decided to ditch it. Problem I now have is that I can only run one GUI monitor as PP is now running in desktop mode with the 2nd monitor now displaying the programme picture.

Stability is excellent, no crashes. However... I am seriously missing my 2 monitor set up + a 'proper' video output to monitor.

Can anyone on the PC side comment on stability/experience with the offerings from Blackmagic or Kona? I do not want to go back to Matrox.

Many Thanks

ADAM READ

Return to posts index

Philip Imbrenda
Re: Best Hardware monitoring option (PC)
on Aug 23, 2011 at 8:09:11 pm

I also bought the Matrox Mini and at first I had problems with Adobe crashing(CS5.5), I have an HP Z400 with nvidia 4000 Graphics Card. The documentation on how to install the box was very poor, after a few calls to Matrox and then an hour later I had it up and running the the crashes started after that, I found that the nvidia drivers had to be updated, then I had no more crashes, I was ready to send the Matrox back but after I connected it to a 36" Panasonic monitor and went thru the set up that matrox provides I was blown away, the picture was great. Its a little tricky to set up but well worth the effort, we also have a Mac with the Next size up Matrox and that did not have problems but we did need to call Matrox to get the install correct

Tv One Productions

Return to posts index

Adam Read
Re: Best Hardware monitoring option (PC)
on Aug 24, 2011 at 9:45:48 am

Thanks Philip

and thanks for sharing your experiences. I still find it annoying that it's so 'fickle'. I'm of the belief that it should just work without any impact on the performance of CS5/5.5. Maybe I'm just an idealist :)

Out of curiosity, what model Panasonic monitor do you have?

ADAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]