ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

CS5.5 conversion?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Nachman
CS5.5 conversion?
on Aug 22, 2011 at 9:42:04 pm

I just upgraded to CS5.5. I had a project that had avi files in them. They played okay in CS5 but when I try to play them in CS5.5, I get the message, "unkown file format or file is damaged." I have clicked on the file itself and it works. Any suggestions for correcting this situation.

Enjoy life, this is not a rehearsal

Return to posts index

Alistair Cooper
Re: CS5.5 conversion?
on Aug 23, 2011 at 5:52:04 am

Have you tried Importing the old CS5 project into a new CS5.5 project, rather than opening the old CS5 project in CS5.5?

Alistair Cooper
Sleeping Bear Productions
Burgess Hill, UK

Return to posts index

Ed Nachman
on Aug 23, 2011 at 2:16:16 pm

I have tried importing the avi file and still get the same error message. I have opened the project within CS5.5 and also clicked on a project file to initiate Premiere Pro. Same result.

Return to posts index

Ed Nachman
on Aug 23, 2011 at 11:57:20 pm

My computer Guru asked me where did the avi file come from. I told him it was Newtek's Lightwave animation program. He told me to uninstall the program and then reinstall. It worked. Evidently I had installed Lightwave before I installed CS5. Since Lightwave was already on the computer when I installed CS5.5, CS5.5 didn't see it. I'm sure there is a more technical way of putting it. All I know is, the avi files from Lightwave can now be used in CS5.5.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Aug 24, 2011 at 12:35:10 pm

More likely Lightwave has its own video codecs that get installed and somehow they were overwritten or removed when CS5.5 was installed.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Aug 24, 2011 at 12:43:49 pm

WE recei8ved footage from a Tricaster a few months ago, and had to contact NewTek for the codecs, which they readily sent.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]