ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Best format to output video with green screen effects

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mikkell khan
Best format to output video with green screen effects
on Aug 4, 2011 at 8:45:58 pm

Hello all,

I have been experimenting with some formats of output in premiere pro, such as mpeg, mov, avi, flv, etc. especially in the case of outputting clean and proper transparency for green screen effects.

I have found that some formats do not do this too well, such as mpeg, such shows a lot of artifacts in the shot than what is actually seen in Premiere at the time of edit.

I have been utilizing the ultra key and we have been using a pretty well lite green screen and subject (no shadows, no shared lighting, etc.)

Which formats do you guys find are best for outputting video with green screen effects?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Mikkell Khan
Director
Diamond Films Ltd. (Trinidad and Tobago)

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
Re: Best format to output video with green screen effects
on Aug 4, 2011 at 9:23:10 pm

Best practice would be to shoot for the least compressed type of file that you can, but it also may depend on what program you are going to use your exported files in. You're program being SD or HD can also affect the choice, as well as whether or not you'll be doing a re-transcode in your target program. Stay away from highly compressed codecs like MPEG and FLV(unless you are using the video in a Flash movie).

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Jeff Brown
Re: Best format to output video with green screen effects
on Aug 5, 2011 at 3:28:20 pm

The question would be outputting for what? If for further FX work, then I would output file sequences, like DPX 10-bit. If you are referring to edited project/timeline output, then whatever your destination needs, same with or without greenscreen (because your project is edited).

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]