ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Premiere CS5.5 on MacBook Pro 2008 Model

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bernard Borg
Adobe Premiere CS5.5 on MacBook Pro 2008 Model
on Jul 22, 2011 at 7:58:41 pm

Hello everyone, I am a seasoned AVID editor by profession but some time ago I bought a MacBook to train of FInal Cut Pro - Seeing that now a days FInal Cut opted to provide crap software according to everyone I am doing some freelance work and have to provide the Edit in MXF DV 25 PAL - Obviously I had to forget Final Cut because it simply does not deliver MXF without incurring expensive plugins - and switched to Adobe Premiere PRO CS5.5 - It is a very straight forward application which I am falling in love with

The problem is that I am using JVC Solid State Cameras - and film in full HD h.264 mp4 I can edit this stuff but when it comes to rendering it's inferno Unleashed also when I come to export

I HAVE A MACBOOK PRO CORE 2 DUO - 8GB RAM - 2.4GHZ a late 2008 Model with the Nvidia GeForce 2600 GT 256 MB - WHAT I can do to make render faster ?

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
Re: Adobe Premiere CS5.5 on MacBook Pro 2008 Model
on Jul 22, 2011 at 9:57:09 pm

Fcp 7 can deliver mxf with the FREE sony xdcam transfer software.
Fcpx isnt crap. Its different and 1.0
I have lots of experience with fcp7 and premiere.
The more i learn fcpx, the more i cool down from my initial 'its crap' reaction.
You have to use it yourself and give it time before saying its crap because lots of people say.
And what lot of people forget:
Fcp7 still works!!!

Return to posts index

Bernard Borg
on Jul 22, 2011 at 10:21:47 pm

Yes I agree but the question is that if I am eetting a new suite up I wanna conform it on both the machines MacBook Pro 2008 late and my Mac Pro dual quad core I wish to try Finalcut x basically because I am considering os x lion whilst I am unsure if fcp x provides mxf I am aware hat fcp 7 wont work on lion I wish I am wrong

Bernard

Nb if someone knows how to make premiere render faster with my MacBook Pro let me know

Return to posts index

Geert van den Berg
on Jul 26, 2011 at 7:37:13 pm

XDCAM transfer only exports MXF D10's. (which is the most commonly used type of MXF using either IMX or XDCAM codec).

MXF is just a container, like Quicktime, it can contain many codecs, he needs MXF with DV 25.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 23, 2011 at 1:56:45 am

> What I can do to make render faster ?

There's a bunch of material here about that:
"optimizing for performance: Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Bernard Borg
on Jul 29, 2011 at 8:07:50 pm

Update Today I tried working with JVC ProHD mp4 and still same issues ! Playback still sluggish and rendering and export still lightyears away I am sincierly considering departing from premiere the machine has some juice left and need to squeeze it I can't afford to buy another machine which from my research no MacBook pro will get the mercury engine running an help appreciated I am totally lost!

Also I am working from a USB 2.0 mini hard drive using a dv 25 Pal Project and resizing the footage because this is a project for an SD 4:3 tv station using footage from JVC GY HM 100

Please suggest fix for premiere or move to FCX or Avid MC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]