ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Travel Alpha - composite mode like FCP?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christina Rodriguez
Travel Alpha - composite mode like FCP?
on Jul 17, 2011 at 11:47:11 pm

I've been a FCP user for a few years, just trying to get a feel for Adobe premiere, to help me decide if I should make the switch... So I am editing a web spot and decided to give Premiere a try with this small project...

Today is my first time using it and I've gotten the hang of it more or less... but how does one go about adding travel matte as one does in FCP with the composite mode?

I have footage with talent that was shot with a white background and white furniture... I am trying to color correct a stubborn part of the shot, I want to give the video a bluish tone, while still keeping the skin tone. I've pretty much gotten it except for a part of the skin that turns bluish.

The part of the talent's skin is not blown out, but it is light enough so that the fast color corrector and 3-way treat it is a highlight...

So as a workaround, I am making a little square to act as an alpha to travel around with footage and cover it (with the same footage except with a different color correction) so that the skin looks like skin, not bluish...

Anyhow, hope I've explained this adequately, if someone has a different suggestion by all means...

C.R.

Return to posts index

Christina Rodriguez
Re: Travel Alpha - composite mode like FCP?
on Jul 18, 2011 at 12:25:18 am

Well, I found another post with a similar questions not too far down... someone mentioned the track matte and title tool, so I did a search and found this immensely helpful video tutorial...

HTH someone else with the same question.

http://digitalproducer.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=3109...

C.R.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]