ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Audio effects presets to tracks

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark luigjes
Audio effects presets to tracks
on Jun 28, 2011 at 10:37:31 am

Thanks for all the great info on these forums. Here an issue I couldn't find. Is there a way to apply or create presets for effects I want to apply on a track? It seems presets are only available on clip-level, not for tracks.

I was very much pleased to be able to work at a track level. It reminds me of Media100, which is great for audio post inside the NLE itself (working with busses, compressors and reverbs on the fly). Being able to work with presets would really be helpful.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Chris Knight
Re: Audio effects presets to tracks
on Jun 28, 2011 at 3:06:28 pm

I could be wrong, but I don't believe you can do this. Premiere Pro limits you to the pre/post effects in the mixer for track-level effects editing.
There's three work-arounds:

1. Nest the clips in track, and now you can apply anything to the entire track.
2. Install a VST plugin that lets you stack effects within itself (and save custom setups). There are dozens of these.
3. Import your project into Auditon (which replicates your audio timeline), or export an OMF for finishing audio in an external application.

Return to posts index

mark luigjes
on Jun 28, 2011 at 5:13:47 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply. VST's would be an option. Any experience in with some good plugins?

I thought about Audition but it would be faster just in Premiere. It's for some quick and dirty edits of ENG material.

Return to posts index

gus evangelista
on Jun 30, 2011 at 2:12:45 am

Great suggestion for the PPro wishlist.

Having edited both features and news, my workflow for ENG was to save a project with audio tracks set up for 2 camera channels (SOT and NAT sound) with dynamics and eq preset, and another EQ'ed track for the producer's VO.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]