ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Trying premiere and it keeps crashing on a macbookpro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryan early
Trying premiere and it keeps crashing on a macbookpro
on Jun 26, 2011 at 3:15:06 am

Hi I am trying cs5.5 via the 30 day trial - specifically premiere pro and I cant seem to import more than a few clips. When I start editing I get the spinning beach ball and then have to force quit. I noticed that when I select icon view in the browser the icons look corrupted. Final cut pro 6 works fine so I doubt it is a graphics card issue although I have had issues with finder icons being corrupted.

My MacBook pro is a 15 inch i7 2.66 with 4 gig of ram. Has anyone else had issues with premiere crashing with this laptop ? Keen to move forward from final cut but this is kind of reminding me of using premiere ten years ago. Hopefully it is an easy fix premiere looks good from what I have seen and an easy sidestep out of the final cut pro x mess. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dexter Andrada
Re: Trying premiere and it keeps crashing on a macbookpro
on Jun 26, 2011 at 4:10:12 am

That is odd, I have a 17" Macbookpro with FCP and CS5 working together nicely. Can you start it out by going to DISK UTILITY, then hit REPAIR DISK then VERIFY DISK. That might solve it.

If that doesn't cut it, tell us more on what you have done so far

Return to posts index

ryan early
on Jun 26, 2011 at 12:00:28 pm

Thanks for your reply, I did try repairing permissions but not verifying the disk. When I did it showed an error that required me to boot with the install disk. Just have to dig it out and hopefully that will sort it out.

Return to posts index

Dexter Andrada
on Jun 26, 2011 at 4:15:59 pm

Yes, you will need to do it this way to fix that problem.

Boot into SL dvd
Open Disk Utility
Verify Disk
Repair Disk if errors are detected.
Reboot into actual SL drive.

Do not run Disk Utility within SL. It cannot repair an active disk properly. Use your SL dvd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]