ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

PPro is the worst Adobe product ever

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Cole
PPro is the worst Adobe product ever
on May 15, 2011 at 11:59:41 pm

Well, after a considerable and prolonged attempt to like PPro, I have concluded that it's just awful, the clunkiest, most unusable product Adobe has ever made. I love Adobe products - I've used PS since V.1, Pagemaker since V.1, Dreamweaver? Love it, brilliant. I've used everything from Softimage on IRIX to 3dsMax, so I'm no UI newbie. PPro is like squeezing water from a rock with a straightjacket on. Next to something like Vegas it's just absurd how laborious and counterproductive and just plain horrible the the most fundamental experience of working with the timeline is. The UI is a total shambles. Sorry PPro, I gave you more than enough a chance, but you're history. To Adobe techs reading this it's nothing personal, I love Adobe, but please take a look at Vegas. Premiere could be a dream to work with.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: PPro is the worst Adobe product ever
on May 16, 2011 at 1:18:43 am

If you'd like to give any specific feedback, you can make feature requests here.

You might find that using an introductory resource like this one will help you to learn the program.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Jon Barrie
on May 16, 2011 at 1:22:07 am

Hi Brett Cole,

I am all for free speech, but this forum is for access to help, not propaganda.

If you have a problem with the software, we can attempt to help you with it. If you prefer a different program for your needs - use it.

Personally I have always found the Vega's layout unintuitive and tricky to work with for me. I can use it if I need to, but I do have my preference for PPro. I use FCP almost daily and still prefer PPro. I guess that's why there is choice.

It's a shame you chose to complain on a space where you could be banned for venting.

- JB

Jon Barrie
aJBprods
Jon's YouTube Tutorial Page
follow Jon with twitter

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on May 16, 2011 at 2:15:58 am

Personally, I'd like to hear what the inadequacies are, for I've always felt the same about Vegas, and definitely Media Composer. I've used all 3, and PPro feels the best to me. Problems with it? Sure, what software doesn't? But Adobe has always been pretty good about jumping on issues, and most issues are machine or user specific anyway.

However, I'd never think to jump on a Vegas forum and spout off without providing any specifics - unless , of course, I was simply marketing.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Alistair Cooper
on May 16, 2011 at 8:30:12 am

Just shows that if Premiere is the worst then the other Adobe products must be awesome eh?

Alistair Cooper
Sleeping Bear Productions
Burgess Hill, UK

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on May 16, 2011 at 1:40:56 pm

Not sure whether that rant even deserves a reply, but here goes: I've used Edit*, AVID, and PPro over the years. There are very few ways you can create editing software based on a timeline and keep it intuitive to use. The differences? Features, shortcut keys, pop-up modes, etc.. This is what makes the different packages, well...different.

In all my experience I haven't found one to be appreciably different from the other, except for the above. Either I like the way I can work with it (Edit* - YES, AVID - NO, PPro - YES), and the way I have developed my workflow. Either you haven't read the manuals, or you're looking for some sort of magical, "where's the plugin for that" software that does for you what you can't do for yourself, with a little work. Good luck in the fast food industry.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Jay Gladwell
on May 17, 2011 at 3:55:09 pm

I'm sorry, this rant is totally bogus. Can you spell T-R-O-L-L?

This past March 1, after 10 years, I felt forced to drop Vegas Pro and switched to Premiere Pro CS5. Yes, there was a learning curve, as was to be expected.

If the OP has actually tried to use PPro, there is no indication of such an attempt in his post. Just ranting.

Yes, Vegas has some helpful methods that I miss. It's audio tools are second to none (for an NLE). However, PPro has one advantage--it works! Vegas was getting bogged by all the bell and whistles they kept tacking on, year after year.

Vegas could be a dream also, but the fact is it isn't! None of the NLEs I've seen are perfect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]