ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe premiere pro zoom in on my video, why is that? So annoying!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marius Svendsen
Adobe premiere pro zoom in on my video, why is that? So annoying!
on Mar 12, 2011 at 11:26:05 pm

Hello, im using premiere pro 5 and im having a problem. When i put in my
Source clip, and then drag it down the timeline all is good until i see the video in the other window(program window?). Then its all zoomed in, i cant see the whole video picture. Very annoying and i cant figure out how to fix it. Can anybody help me? Im editing canon 5d footage, maybe its a project setting adjust?

Kind regards,

Marius

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Adobe premiere pro zoom in on my video, why is that? So annoying!
on Mar 12, 2011 at 11:42:37 pm

It sounds to me like your sequence settings don't match the settings of your source footage. You can either create a sequence that matches the dimensions of your source footage or scale the clip within your current sequence so that it fits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Liz Johnson
on Mar 24, 2016 at 10:08:03 am

When I right-click the clip and choose "Scale to frame size", the quality of the video is rather terrible. I don't know why, or how to fix it and it's driving me crazy, can anybody help?
And yes, it's fit.

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
on Mar 12, 2011 at 11:46:10 pm

First of all, what are your sequence settings?

Without knowing that, I can only suggest the following:
1. Your program monitor may be zoomed in to 100% instead of "fit". To correct this underneath your program monitor you will see a drop down menu. Select "fit" or any of the other options until it fits nicely on your screen.

2. If it's a scaling issue you can right-click on your clip in the timeline and deselect "fit to frame size".

Return to posts index

Jon Barrie
on Mar 14, 2011 at 10:57:16 am

If you are using CS5 then you can drag the media file over the new item icon (at the bottom of the project panel) for a new sequence to be made with matching settings of the media you are using. Saves the trouble of finding the "right" sequence settings manually. :)

- JB

Jon Barrie
aJBprods
Jon's YouTube Tutorial Page
follow Jon with twitter

Return to posts index

Luigi Mario
on Jun 13, 2015 at 8:47:02 pm

Hey Marius,

I don't know if you ever got your answer or not but I think that I have an answer to your problem. I ran into the same issue as well and here is what I have found. Now I use Adobe Premiere CS6 so I don't know if this works on older versions or not:

After you lay the video on the timeline right click it. With-in the new pop-up window there should be a selection that says: "Scale to Frame Size" Just click that and it will solve your problem!

Return to posts index

Summer Tovey
on Feb 22, 2016 at 12:52:14 pm

Luigi,

That works perfectly - I'd been having the same problem so thank you so much for the solution!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]