ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Keyboard Shortcuts to Quickly Navigate in the Timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Moreau
Keyboard Shortcuts to Quickly Navigate in the Timeline
on Jan 31, 2011 at 6:36:07 pm

I have Mac OS 10.6 and Premiere CS5.

I've got a multi-button wheel mouse mapped to do some quick navigation. I have the scroll wheel mapped (with the help of USB Overdrive - a Mouse to keyboard mapping pref pane) to advance or reverse one frame at a time, it's a jog wheel. I have the 'clicked' scroll wheel mapped to zoom in and out. These are the same mappings I used for FCP, and I'm happy with them.

This re-mapping disables the normal 'scroll' function of the wheel though, which is also useful for scrolling quickly along a timeline. I'd like to know if this scrolling feature is mappable to a keyboard shortcut as well as other quick navigation keyboard shortcuts.

Basically, I would like to know if there is a quick way to jump ahead in a timeline, either one clip at a time or one screen at a time, and if this is mappable to a key. I've done a little research into the keyboard customization window (which I think could use some improvement - I think FCP is a bit better in this area) and I can't find what I want.

Thanks for any advice.

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
Re: Keyboard Shortcuts to Quickly Navigate in the Timeline
on Jan 31, 2011 at 6:56:53 pm

PG UP and PG Down are the defaults for prev/next clip as I recall.

not sure about next/prev "screen"

Alex

Return to posts index

mike velte
on Feb 1, 2011 at 12:02:04 pm

Page up/page down navigates between edit points in selected tracks only.

Return to posts index

Gard Cookson
on Feb 1, 2011 at 5:52:46 pm

Besides Page Up/Page Down for next/previous clip in a track, arrow Up/Down goes forward/backward a screen at time. You might also want to check out the HD Mouse software (free trial - http://www.bella-usa.com/HDMouse/) that should also work with your mouse, and may have some additional feature that you might enjoy.

Best,
Gard

Bella Corporation
http://www.Bella-USA.com

Video Editing Keyboard | HD Mouse | Keyboard Shortcut Skins | Keyboard Stickers

Return to posts index

Keith Moreau
on Feb 8, 2011 at 7:00:25 am

Hi Gard,

Is your software a 64 or 32 bit kernel extension? Right now I'm running my Mac OS 10.6 in 64 bit kernel mode. Also does your mouse software control all brands of mice?

Thanks much.

Return to posts index

Gard Cookson
on Feb 8, 2011 at 5:38:31 pm

Hi Keith,

The software works in both 32 and 64 bit kernel modes. In terms of which brands of mice, it really doesn't matter however to be able to utilize all of the features of the HD Mouse we recommend a 5 button mouse: 'standard' left and right mouse click buttons, left and right side buttons and a scroll wheel with a click function. The free trial is fully functional, so I’d say give it a try and see if it works for you!

Best,
Gard

Bella Corporation
http://www.Bella-USA.com

Video Editing Keyboard | HD Mouse | Keyboard Shortcut Skins | Keyboard Stickers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]