ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Compressor settings for 1080i Sony EX1 to DVD footage, getting jaggies.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Shirey
Compressor settings for 1080i Sony EX1 to DVD footage, getting jaggies.
on Dec 20, 2010 at 11:29:47 pm

Full disclosure: I'm a Vegas Pro and recently Premiere Pro editor, but we have a Final Cut Pro system here and the boss wants me to investigate why the DVD's it produces all have horrible jagged edges on the footage. Using the same 1080i@60 footage from Sony EX-1s, the SD DVD's we end up with from FCP just look plain bad. I don't know if it's an interlacing issue or what, but the DVD's we make in Vegas/DVD Architect and Premiere/Encore are both interlaced and they look fine. We're using the 90 minute best quality template, and on shorter programs have bumped up the average bitrate but that's clearly not the issue it's having. The problem is noticeable on every dvd player and computer we have in the office. Any suggestions on proper workflow for this type of footage. We're setting in and out points in a sequence then submitting to Compressor directly. Is there a more roundabout way that would yield better results? Thanks for any input.

Return to posts index

David Shirey
And when you have too many CreativeCOW windows open...
on Dec 20, 2010 at 11:40:15 pm

... you do stupid things like post Final Cut Pro questions in the Adobe Premiere forum. Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]