ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Audio deeper all of a sudden...how to fix?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Huddleston
Audio deeper all of a sudden...how to fix?
on Dec 15, 2010 at 9:04:26 am

Hi there. I have been editing in Premiere Pro CS4 with video and separate audio, including ADR, foley, and music. All of a sudden all my audio clips sound much deeper than they should...very low so that dialogue is my throatier and music is lower. It is affected all audio clips on all tracks, and I don't know what I did to do this or how to change it back. The playback times of the clips themselves are still the same, but the actual sound is not. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Jake Huddleston

Return to posts index

Alan Lloyd
Re: Audio deeper all of a sudden...how to fix?
on Dec 15, 2010 at 5:29:21 pm

Do you have Soundbooth installed? There's a spectrum analyzer in there, and it can tell you/show you if there's been anything of a boost in the low frequencies. It also has up to a 30-band EQ if you need to clean that up.

Have you by chance changed your speaker setup/settings outside CS4?

Return to posts index

darryl rogers
on Dec 16, 2011 at 2:36:00 pm

Did you ever find a fix? I am having a problem that sounds very similar. The audio plays in a deeper octave and sounds slower, but plays at regular speed. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jake Huddleston
on Dec 16, 2011 at 5:56:14 pm

Hi Darryl, sorry about that, I've since gotten better at posting my solutions once I find them. To be honest, I can't remember what I did, and that's the only time I've ever had that problem. Most likely I found a solution on another thread or website, but my search history only let's me go back a year so I can't try and find it...I'm pretty sure it was something simple though. Have you tried restarting the software, your computer, and replacing the audio in the timeline with the same clip? If you press option and select the audio clip in your project panel, you can drag it on top of the audio clip in your timeline and it will be replaced, safe with any changes you made to the original clip in the timeline.

I'm sorry again I can't give you a definitive answer. Hope you can find a solution.

Jake Huddleston

Return to posts index

darryl rogers
on Dec 16, 2011 at 6:21:38 pm

I've done the restarting and replacing that you mentioned. I'm sure a setting has been altered somewhere. Thanks for your reply.

Darryl

Return to posts index

Jason Mazurowski
on Mar 31, 2012 at 12:32:28 am

Same thing happened to us. It sucked. However we restarted the computer and it was fine afterwards. We had just been doing a narration using garageband, and that was still open in the background. That might have been the issue? Who knows but it was a simple fix. Hope that helps :|

Return to posts index

Tai Nalewajkó
on Apr 26, 2013 at 8:04:40 pm

It was Garageband. I was creating some foley and left Garageband open when I was done; then, this issue started plaguing me.
I wonder why?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]