ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CS3 + canon 5d mark II mov files = working without constant rendering

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mateusz Zaluski
Premiere Pro CS3 + canon 5d mark II mov files = working without constant rendering
on Nov 30, 2010 at 12:00:52 pm

is there any smart way to edit canon 5d mark II mov files in Premiere Pro cs3 without constant rendering - do i have to downgrade to other format (which?) or what?

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: Premiere Pro CS3 + canon 5d mark II mov files = working without constant rendering
on Nov 30, 2010 at 5:21:28 pm

CS3 doesn't support the codec directly (the format didn't even exist until well after CS3's release.)

My colleagues who use FCP seem to have excellent luck with a shareware program called "MPEG Streamclip" when they use it to convert DSLR footage to XDcamHD...

CS5 supports the codec natively, so I haven't converted any DSLR footage for some time myself. I know the leap from CS3 to CS5 can require some expenditure beyond the software itself if you need to upgrade to 64 bit, but if you'll be woking with DSLR footage frequently, it might be worth a look.

Good luck with it. I think in the short term MPEG Streamclip will probablyy get you going.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

Mateusz Zaluski
Re: Premiere Pro CS3 + canon 5d mark II mov files = working without constant rendering
on Nov 30, 2010 at 5:55:38 pm

right now i came up with the solution tu use cineform neoscene to convert all files to avi. do i lose much/any quality by converting from mov to avi using neoscene by cineform? btw thx for the reply :D

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Nov 30, 2010 at 9:10:12 pm

You actually have a superior solution to the MPEG Streamclip route... I guess I've gotten so used to everyone wanting to solve the problem for no cost that I didn't even think about CineForm...which is quite unusual for me.

CineForm's codec is extremely high quality and very computer NLE-friendly, so you probably have one of the better available solutions there. You'll probably get as close to zero loss as you can be with the CineFormHD. Codec.

So... Well played.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

Mateusz Zaluski
on Nov 30, 2010 at 9:48:54 pm

thx for reply! so i guess we have a solution here :D

Return to posts index

Anthony Bari Jr.
on Jan 4, 2011 at 1:33:29 am

I think you mean CS5 and you need a powerhouse machine to support the native H.264 editing.
IF you read up on it, you will see for someone editing on a laptop, you need a maxed out 17 inch MBP
or Ultra Fast PC laptop.

*Production*Post-Production*
Apple Certified Instructor (Final Cut Pro 7)
"Semper Fi USMC"

Return to posts index

Jane Kong
on Jan 13, 2015 at 1:29:24 am

If you want to load your MOV files to your premiere, first, you can try to update your premiere. second , you can use some trasncode app to help you. Since MOV is such a container foramt , then you can use a MediaInfo to help you figure the inner codec of your origianl videos.Recommend you video converter from Pav, and new features like H.265/HEVC decode/encode can be realized by this app, which handle my raw H.265/HEVC videos from Smasung NX 1

Return to posts index

Matloh Zaluski
on Jan 13, 2015 at 9:13:30 am

thx - it was like .... 5 years ago! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]